Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords express ads are off but still get calls. Which are unrelated to ads

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All callers spanish only, want sell car to us. Not sure how ad got this odd response but need correct it.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Adwords express ads are off but still get calls. Which are unrelated to ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Drive I,

If your ads are turned off, they are coming from another source or you were added to some type of spam/solicitation list, much like a email spam list. These are wide-ranging and not the easiest thing to combat. If you are in the United States, there is the Do Not Call Registry. Aside from that, there is not alot that can be done. If the calls are to a mobile device, you can block each number rather easily. You can also simply hang up on them and soon enough they will get the idea. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Adwords express ads are off but still get calls. Which are unrelated to ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The odd part is all calls start with Caller is a Google Adwords Express
caller.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Good afternoon.

J Clemens is correct, your phone number could have been "harvested" while your ads were active and the number sold to outside companies.

Did you use a Google Forwarding number in your ads, or your own business's phone number?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
used Google forwarding number, and calls coming in now still say
recording, "this is a google adwords express caller"

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

I suspect that someone, somewhere, is advertising a phone number with a typo in it. Calls that business was hoping to receive are accidentally being sent to your previous Google forwarding number.

One thing to do would be to ask one of the callers what company they are trying to reach. Then you should be able to find that company's correct phone number, call them, and have them correct their website or wherever they have the wrong number listed. (If the website has the wrong phone number, look for a form or an email that you can use.)

Or, you could try calling Google and asking to get that forwarding number unlinked from your account. (They don't reuse forwarding numbers immediately but may be able to unlink it in some way--I'm not really sure.)

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*