AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

AdWords Express
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Adword express ad campaign never ran, but billed!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Today, I received notification from my bank that Google charged USD23.70 for my Adword Express AD campaign. The Adword express reports show 560 clicks. Well then this report should match the report from Google analytics right? The Google analytics report shows only 4 paid search session and a total 92 session for the month! So, it means Adword express report is absolute rubbish. Should I take that this Adword express service / product is useless and only a money spinning mechanism from its users. Will google refund my money?560click_where.pngtotal_92_sessions_2.pngtotal_92_sessions.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Anisur M,

Google Analytics, Web Servers, AdWords and AdWords Express will always show different metrics as they all track data differently. You should use all the data sources to best understand your traffic but not accept one as the only source. 

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

These tools can track differently, but this does mean that results will be different and never tally between them! Google Analytics always track vistors of a website, irrespective of sources. So, if it tracks only 92 visitors for a particular period, then how come another tool reports 560 clicks! Where these users landed after the click, if they did not landed on my page? So, what is the basis that these are real and valid clicks! Now, these users never landed on my page, so these clicks are invalid for my campaign. Why should I pay for it, if it does not help my cause.  The report shows that on 2/3 days, there were 70-80 clicks, the visitors tracked by Google Analytics on these dates is no where near the number. Is not absurd? 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Anisur,

I would review your web server logs and then compare them to Analytics and AdWords Express campaign. You will again see very different numbers. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks James for your effort. But, the basic principle of any campaign is to sent vistors to actual destination. Now, if the visitors is not reaching destination and lost its way in between, then it should not be my concern. I have using Google to run my campaign and also to keep watch at my website. Now, the Google watchman is saying I did not have visitors. And I will follow him,  since the watchman is more close to my door!