Guide Me
star_border

Advertisement appears on Search but not on Google Maps

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a problem here for past few days now. My advertisements(Adwords Express) are showing up on (Google Search) but they are not showing up on Google Maps(Screenshot attached) and I like to know how to position my advertisement (Shreeman Vidyalaya) before my competitor. 

Device Used: iPhone and Android. WhatsApp Image 2017-05-19 at 4.20.56 PM.jpegMy ad appearing second

WhatsApp Image 2017-05-19 at 4.22.24 PM.jpegMy ad not appearing on Maps

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Having your ad appear in Google Maps happens when a series of goals are met. No ad will always sit in Google Maps. Location of searcher is a big part of it. Your device location may actually show you further away and in that case, for instance, your ad would not appear.

Also, your competitor may be using AdWords (not AdWords Express) and using a bidding method to put them in the first place. And they may be using a much higher daily budget to hold that position. They may also have a better structured ad for the search term and have a better quality score, too.

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem, not even on the map.. so if i pay more and ,, how do i structure my ad better then it is??  and i am searching from my home so it should come up as that is where it is.. 

Re: Advertisement appears on Search but not on Google Maps

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Steve,

There are a lot of variables but let's start with:

How are your ads performing overall (do they get steady clicks and calls)?

How many ads to you have?

How old is the account and ads?

Is your business information up to date?

Do you have the right product or service selected for your business?

Does your account use up the daily budget each day?

Are you using radius targeting or targeting a city, state or?

Is your house located within your targeting range? 

Are you promoting a service-based company or selling a product?

Are you in a highly-competitive industry?

These are all great questions to use to review your account. They will often lead to answers and further discoveries needed to dial in better performance.

Have you used any of the help guides for AdWords Express to learn more about how it works, which also provides ways to use AdWords Express correctly?

Kind Regards,

James