Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Express Disapproval for Phone Number

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up an AdWords Express account today and went through the wizard to create the first advert. It suggested setting up Verified Calls so that I could track when calls came as a result of the add. I accepted, as it seemed like a good idea.

Now I've had a disapproval notice because this phone number doesn't appear on my website. A) I don't have the number - they added it to the ad to track calls and B) having it on the website would defeat the object of tracking the ad.

How on earth do I get around this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Tracking numbers provided by Google do not need to be present on website. Your main phone number does. You can contact AdWords Express/AdWords Support and they can access your account with you and assist. Call 1-866-246-6453 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST).

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

well, my main number is on my website. In any case, when I woke up this morning, I had an email saying the ad was active, and it's clearly being shown, because there have been clicks.  *shrug* 

It doesn't inspire confidence in AdWords Express, that's for sure.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

It sounds like the automated system falsely triggered it and then the review cleared it.

Glad to hear it is resolved regardless of the situation. 

Kind Regards,

James