1.8K members online now
Understanding your campaign results
Guide Me
star_border

Track adwords express ad click by city?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there an easy way to see what city the ads I'm paying for are being clicked in?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Hansons R,

You can find the number of customer views and actions that your ad received in your ad summary.

1. Sign into your AdWords Express account.
  2. Click the Menu button menu at the top.
  3. Make sure the business you're looking for appears at the top of the "My business" drop-down menu. If not, click the name of the business, and then click the Menu button menu again at the top.
  4. Click Dashboard.
  5. Scroll the page down to see the cards, "Views" and "Clicks," among other cards.

You may see other cards depending on what features you have enabled. Your ad summary shows the following information:

• Views of your ad: How often any version of your ad has been viewed.
  • Clicks of your ad: How often any version of your ad was clicked.
  • Calls to your number (if call reporting is enabled): How often you received calls to the Google forwarding number in any version of the ad. This data will appear only if you've turned on call reporting in your ad.
  • Amount spent: How much your ad has spent in the current month.
  • Search phrases: If someone searches for one of these phrases, your ad may appear next to the search. You can use the "Edit" button to disable phrases that aren’t good fits for your business.
  • Map actions (if enabled)
  • Google Analytics (if enabled)
  • Monthly budget: Your monthly budget, determined by multiplying your daily budget by 30, the average number of days in a month.

In order see full analytics data, you have to connect your account to Google Analytics... which will then allow you see so much great information about your advertising. To link your Analytics and AdWords Express accounts, both accounts will need to use the same login email address. If you already have an Analytics account with the same login email address, we’ll show the option to link your accounts on your AdWords Express dashboard. If you don't have an Analytics account yet, we can create one for you in AdWords Express. Please follow the info provided here to set this up.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, James

I have analytics linked. In analytics, I am able to find the cities where clicks come from under "Audience > Geo", but I can't tell which clicks are from when a user clicked on the ad. Sorry if I'm not explaining this very well. Like if a user clicks the ad, am I able to see the location of that specific click?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Hansons R,

You are welcome and are explaining it perfectly. 

With AdWords Express, I do not know of a way to drill into the details that you want. Audience / Geo is going to get you as close to that as possible. I would note that AdWords Express will only display ads for the areas you service or precisely target, so you can rest assured that clicks are from those geo locations. 

You can review and edit locations:

1. Sign into your AdWords Express account.
  2. Click the Menu button menu at the top.
  3. Make sure the business you're looking for appears at the top of the "My business" drop-down menu. If not, click the name of the business, and then tap the Menu button menu again at the top.
  4. Click an ad, and then click Dashboard.
  5. Scroll the page down. Under "Your ad settings," click Edit in the "Locations" card.
  6. Edit as needed.
  7. Click Save.

All the Best,

James