Understanding your campaign results
Guide Me
star_border

Easier Tracking in AdWords Express (US)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

AdWords Express and Google Analytics are getting closer than ever before!

GA.png

If you're based in the United States, you will see improved integrations between AdWords Express and Google Analytics over the next few days. You will be able to do the following without ever leaving your AdWords Express account:

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 11.06.49 AM.png 

• Create a Google Analytics account
  • Link your Google Analytics and AdWords Express accounts
  • Set up Google Analytics Goals
  • Track those Google Analytics goals as AdWords Express conversions

In short--it’s getting easier to track the impact of your ads.

Ready to start using AdWords Express? Sign up today.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Easier Tracking in AdWords Express (US)

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Let me know by replying below if you have any questions and we'll be happy to help!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you help me. the fist time i started ad words express we received 40 plus calls - now we are not getting any.

thanks nicole

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Nicole,

Since we do not have access to your account from this community, I'll need a little more info from you in order to help! I.e. what kind of business are you advertising, and have you made any changes to your account set-up before the calls dropped off?

You can also get in touch with our support team directly if you want someone to look at your account with you: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6273970?hl=en&from=8206&rd=1

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just set up my Ad Words Express this week. In Google Analytics, I get a "Use AdWords Auto-Tagging" notification. When I click through to set it up, it takes me to regular Ad Words, not Ad Words Express. Then, when I'm in Ad Words, I get the notification that I can only make this configuration in Ad Words Express. When I get into Ad Words Express, it takes me to the general dashboard and I don't see anything about Auto Tagging.

Google Analytics is up and running on our site and I set up the Google Analytics widget on our Ad Words Express dashboard. Still, there is no data from our Ad Words Express communicating with our Analytics.

When I first set it up, Ad Words Express created a whole separate reporting structure that was outside of the "All Website Data". Analytics Notifications advised me to delete it as redundant, so I did. Should I not have done that? How do I get that back?

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for posting to the Community. I can't quite follow the flow of your AdWords Express and Google Analytics here, so to start with--have you set up your link between Analytics and AdWords Express through the steps on this page? And are you using the same email address to log into both accounts?

Cassie

N/A
# 7
N/A
This is my first month and we have 25,668 Views, 175 clicks but no calls
What am I doing wrong?

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager

Hi there,

I'd like to help you troubleshoot and improve your performance. Are you using AdWords Express or AdWords?

Cassie

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Have you set up your calls for desktop and mobile users together or separate? Isn!t possible, that more views/clicks are from desktop users than from mobile users?

Tomas

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

CassieH,

I have a question: Google Analytics tracks goals any time someone takes a specific action - regardless of whether they came from a Google search ad. However, the standard Google AdWords tracks conversions any time someone takes a specific action - but only if they came from a Google search ad. How does this work with AdWords express? You say you can set up Analytics Goals and track them as AdWords Express conversions, but how are those goals/conversions counted? For instance, if I'm tracking a goal each time someone visits a thank you page, and someone visits the thank you page, but they've never seen my Google search ad, does Google Analytics still count this as a goal? And does AdWords Express therefore count it as a conversion, even thought that person never saw the search ad?