Small Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Just starting out? This is the place to ask your questions and share resources for new or aspiring business owners.
Guide Me
star_border

why my site isnt search by google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

I have a new site but it itsn search from google search.

I have metatags, and keywords.

please can you help me.

i am starting a small bussines

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: why my site isnt search by google

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Welcome to the community, @Alfredo A. There are a few reasons why your site might not be indexed yet. The most common reason is simply that Google may not have discovered your site yet. This can take time and there may be issues if your site is not crawler-friendly. Here are a few resources from Google that I recommend checking out:

I also recommend using Google Search Console. You can learn more about Search Console here. Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Brielle is spot on. It's most likely too new.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Alfredo A,

You have great info to work from with @Brielle B reply. Follow it and you will be listed. 

To speed things along, simply use her link to Google Search Console and submit your site map, and use their tool Fetch as Google.

When you use Fetch as Google, it will show you the status of the website and a option to submit to index. When you click submit to index, you are hand feeding the website to Google! How great is that?

To make it even better, click the second option to Crawl this URL and its direct links.

console.png

There are many powerful features built into Google Search Console and every website on the planet should be connected to it. I cannot stress that enough, that is how great this free product from Google is. 

To find the Fetch as Google feature:

1) Log in to Google Search Console. 

2) Click on your property (you will need to add it if you have not already)

3) Click on Crawl.

4) Click on Fetch as Google

Once you complete this, be sure to look at Crawl Errors, Site Maps, robots.txt... then migrate to each section and feature until you have complete everything. The more you employ, the stronger your presence will be online. 

Please let us know if you need any further help.

King Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
If you want the absolutely simplest way to submit your site to Google for indexing you can use this link to submit your URL with no further work needed https://www.google.com/addurl/

Of course setting up Google Search Console and Google Analytics will give you a whole world of information you will never have without them but this is the simplest way to do it.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

That is another way, @MikeJohnston, but one should not submit a URL that is already indexed, so the addurl should be used with caution. 

And as you stated, a new website owner is not gaining all of the help and info they should have by employing Search Console. If they have a website online, it should be set up in their Search Console account and checked weekly while under development (or new) and then at least twice monthly from thereon.

Happy Sunday,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Maybe something to do with: ‘cafeïne indexing’ .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

no idea what "caffiene indexing" is.

All I know is that after weeks of waiting, my business doesn't show up on a search unless I ask for it specifically by name, when the map comes up, it shows a defunct business in my location, and while I can search my business on Maps and find it, it doesn't show up in any search by category or the like.  Oh, and when I do get my business up on Maps, a request for directions leads people to the wrong area of town.

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble finding your business on Google, @Ashley B! The experts in the Google My Business Community should be able to provide more information to help you get any issues resolved. I recommend that you create a post in the "Basics for Business Owners" board; I'm sure they will be able to assist you thoroughly.

You can also reach out directly to the Google My Business team on Twitter. Simply tweet to @GoogleSmallBiz and one of their team members will be happy to help you out.

why my site isnt search by google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Alfredo, 

Searching methods on google, taking time a little bit. 

You can add spesific contents and invidual text to be sought, so keep adding and give the time. 

Cheers,