AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Small Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Just starting out? This is the place to ask your questions and share resources for new or aspiring business owners.
Guide Me
star_border

error 404 when trying to view page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All, 

I have purchased my domain,  I have created my website using google biz and set it to public on preferences so all can view.  Yet when I put in www.rowdyroyals.com I get this error.    

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL / was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Ps.  If you have any tips or tricks to bring in followers or build my website for at home businesses that would be awesome.  Thank you again. 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: error 404 when trying to view page

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Welcome to the community, @Elexus L! We're happy to try to help you out with this issue, we just need a little more information. Did you set up your domain to redirect to another URL? Or did you use a website builder to create your own website entirely on your new domain. Who do you have web hosting through?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

@Brielle B 

It looks like it's hosted with Google. http://whois.domaintools.com/rowdyroyals.com

@Elexus L

This appears some sort of configuration error with your default file.  When a browser makes a request for rowdyroyals.com, the server is programmed to load a default file.  It might be index.html or index.php, or something like that.  Whatever it is, it seems that it does not exist which would cause the 404 error that is generated.  It's clear that you have the DNS setup correctly, because the 404 error is generated from Google, which means you have the domain pointing to the correct place.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is hosted through google as well as I have been using google biz to create it. How do I go about reconfiguration? I wish I had the funds to just pay someone else to do this and my training page. I am intelligent but this is a pain in the A$$ lol. Sorry for swearing.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni
What web platform did you use to create this site? It kind of looks like you didn't properly point the domain at your new website. That is one possibility anyway. Are there any other pages on your new site? If so do they also return a 404 error when you try to go to them?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thats what I dont understand because I did all of it through google biz and google sites. I didnt purchase any of it from an outside source.