Small Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Just starting out? This is the place to ask your questions and share resources for new or aspiring business owners.
Guide Me
star_border

Using Google+ for an online store

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hey Google team; my business is a food prep meal service

two questions: how can i use google + if my store is an online business. when signing up i was asked to pinpoint my store on the map, how can i do this with an online store?

what are the benefits of using google + for my online store?

thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using Google+ for an online store

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Stephanie M,

Since you do not want to use a specific address, you want to create a brand page since these are for your purpose (no physical address). When you create your new page, simply click on the Product or Brand box. 

G+ offers many benefits to a business or brand. It connects you to more people online and in your local service area. And your posts are indexed by Google, which puts them into the organic SERPs (search engine result pages). And they are presented to your followers and those connected to them. These are just a few of the many benefits to using G+ for your brand.

Further, you will want to make your your Google My Business listing is updated. This will make sure you are listed on Google Maps in your local area so people searching for your services can find you.

I think this website article will guide you well. It is not mine, nor am I connected to it, but it states everything I would to offer more assistance.  

Please take a look at everything I have presented here and let us know how things go and if we can help further.

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Using Google+ for an online store

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Stephanie M

If you are Online Only, you are not eligible for a Google Business Page.

GMB Guidelines

Best to go with a Brand page in this instance, like @James_Clemens suggested.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership