Small Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Just starting out? This is the place to ask your questions and share resources for new or aspiring business owners.
Guide Me
star_border

New business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Best place to go to create a website

2 Expert replyverified_user

New business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Paul B,

There are many places and endless ways, but they all vary based on your level of technical know-how, type of products or services offered, and the desired end results. 

For starters, give Google Domains some of your time and learn what they have to say. 

Then, stop back here and lay out some more info, along with any questions or concerns and we would be happy to dig in further. 

All the Best,

James

Re: New business

Google Small Business Advisor
# 3
Google Small Business Advisor

@Paul B If it's an ecommerce site I'd suggest something simple like Shopify or Squarespace. You don't need any HTML skills or anything like that on those platforms.

New business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It really depends on the nature and scale of your business but +1 for Shopify and SquareSpace. It is always a good place to start with for new/small businesses. If it starts to scale and you need more functionality and customization, then you could consider a custom-built site, but most small businesses do not need this to have a beautiful site that also ranks well. This approach is the most cost-effective way to start developing your online presence. 

New business

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

This is quite a tough one as there are many great website builders on the internet.  

Play around a bit and see what each one has to offer

Re: New business

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

As @James_Clemens mentioned, Google Domains is a great place to start.

If you go with Google's recommendations on website builders, then your top picks are:

• Squarespace
  • Weebly
  • Wix
  • Shopify (more online store specific)
  • Blogger (for blog-type sites).

Screen shot is below.

I hope this adds value.

google domains.jpg