3.4K members online now
Just starting out? This is the place to ask your questions and share resources for new or aspiring business owners.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Local SEO

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, thanks in advance for the help anyone can give. I am new to this and have been doing some research on local SEO guidelines, I have set up my business information and wish to be accesible to new clients through Google. Now, my question is, do I need to pay for Local SEO? What's its cost? I know that for the AdWords Express I need to pay, within a budget, but for Local SEO, I really have no idea about billing, costs and activation, though I already verified my business' info by phone call to my business phone number. Once again, will really appreciate any given help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Local SEO

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Global,

Local SEO is an ideology that relates to a way of systematically operating online... not a paid platform like AdWords Express, etc.. With that thinking in mind, there is no precise amount it should/would cost you. And you cannot pay Google for it... although there are third party companies that offer a paid package to handle it for those that do not wish to. Some webmasters or web developers offer to do it when they create a website. Some advertising agencies do, as well. 

• If you have a website online, you have take step one.
  • Do you have your NAP info correct on it? NAP is name, address, and phone. This is step two. 
  • Now, create as many social channels (G+, etc..) as you can with your website and NAP listed on it. This is step three. 
  • Next, create a free listing for: YP, Yelp and BBB. This is step four.

Okay, at this point you have a great start. Now you need to visit www.gybo.com (a Google system) and check your Google listing. If you show up, super. If there are suggestions to do... please do them. Also, visit Google My Business and explore away. 

You should also review this entire guide

From here, you will want to optimize your website for Google Best Practices and utilize Google Analytics and Search Console (Google Webmaster tools). Be sure to feed Google a site map monthly. Start learning about structured markup data, too.  

Do you have a blog? If not, create one. Blogger will work fine, if you need one. And you need a YouTube channel for your business

Well, I could go on, but really you should have your hands full with the info I have provided. If you do all of these things, and do them well... you will be doing really great overall. Along the way, you will learn more and expand your understandings. You will even discover some questions that you can post back here for some more help. There are lots of skilled people here to add to this discussion over time, too. I have been developing websites since the mid-nineties (in technology and branding before that) and I am a advertising agency owner that simply loves anything involved with operating a business online. While I am your first reply, there will be others that will post up and those replies should be a great asset to you, too.  

Remember to refresh your content 2-4 times per month, stay on topic with your web pages, and consider checking out my Google Partners expert article that discusses Marketing your Agency (any business), which should bring about another ideology that you will want to put into action. Smiley Happy  

All the Best,

James

Local SEO

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Local SEO has a few moving pieces:

Citations - make sure that your GMB page and any other "digital real estate", like Facebook, BBB, Yelp, Foursquare, etc. is claimed and has all of your correct business information. 
Reviews - When you can, start collecting reviews on your GMB and Yelp page from your customers. 
Backlinks- Backlinks take a lot of time to build, so start small and think of any other web sites that may link back to yours. Other businesses you work with? Networking groups, like a local Chamber of Commerce, do you sponsor any local teams?
Website Optimization - Make sure you are targeting the right keywords and location on your website and that you have Schema in place.  

Experts in the Topic
James_Clemens