4.9K members online now
Just starting out? This is the place to ask your questions and share resources for new or aspiring business owners.
Guide Me
favorite_border
Highlighted

How to correctly setup a Google account with my business name and email

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I currently have a personal Google account and YouTube channel.

I need to setup a Google account for my business.  I do not need a G Suite account at this time.  I need a regular Google account so that I can use Google Search Console, Google Analytics, YouTube and eventually Google Ad Sense.

Questions:

1.  How do I create a Google account with my business name and my own domain name for the email?

2.  Can I create the business account and still keep my personal account separate?

3.  Can I use my personal profile when I create the Google account in my business name?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sincerely,

Jody

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @jody f,

Great questions. Sounds like you are taking the right path with how you are wanting to set things up.

1) A Google account can be set up with any email at all, not just a Gmail account. A Gmail account is actually Google's mail system. And a Google account is what is used to control any/all Google products. 

2) I have a Google account for personal and another for business. Depending on which one I sign in with is what is used. I can also sign in to both and switch between them at will. The best way to do this is by using Google Chrome as your web browser. You can then click on the grid of dots in the upper right hand corner and access all of the Google products quickly. 

3) You will create one of each and keep them both separate. If you have a business email for your website, just use that for your business Google account. And use a personal email (either a different domain email, or a Gmail address) for your personal Google account. 

Please check out this information about creating a Google account. 

Let us know how things go with this. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Thank you!!  This is exactly the information I need to get the Google Accounts and YouTube channels for my business setup correctly from the start.

All the best.

Sincerely,

Jody

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Excellent!

Was also very helpful to me!

Experts in the Topic
J Clemens