3.9K members online now
Just starting out? This is the place to ask your questions and share resources for new or aspiring business owners.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

How To Turn A Cooking website into a small business

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a direction to go down into turning a food/cooking website into a small business? I would like to get to the point where I am selling my own line of products.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris D
June

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I agree with Mark's response, you have you figure out your customer first and find out what kind of need you are filling. There are many ways you can monetize a cooking website or blog. Including, but not limited to, affiliate links, sponsorships, products, membership community, video views on YouTube, and so on. Smiley Happy 
Best of luck! 

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: How To Turn A Cooking website into a small business

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Chris D

There are many directions you could go down here, though it's a bit hard to provide specific advice without a bit more information.

As a start, it might help to consider a few things - 

• What is the current website and what are your products/services (i.e. what are you selling)?
  • What is your current website traffic or online/social media presence like? Does this need to be built up first?
  • What are your highest value products that you want to promote?

Then - 

• What are your goals re 'turning it into a small business' - to sell more online, or to convert some of the existing traffic into a combination of online and bricks-and-mortar/physical sales? (i.e. are you planning on opening a physical shop?)
  • Who is your target market and what are the best ways to reach them?

The points here are not only important questions to consider as a starting point, but if you can provide answers to these, it should also help members of the community forum provide additional advice.

I hope this helps get the ball rolling.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris D
June

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I agree with Mark's response, you have you figure out your customer first and find out what kind of need you are filling. There are many ways you can monetize a cooking website or blog. Including, but not limited to, affiliate links, sponsorships, products, membership community, video views on YouTube, and so on. Smiley Happy 
Best of luck!