3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Just starting out? This is the place to ask your questions and share resources for new or aspiring business owners.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

How To Turn A Cooking website into a small business

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a direction to go down into turning a food/cooking website into a small business? I would like to get to the point where I am selling my own line of products.  

Re: How To Turn A Cooking website into a small business

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Chris D

There are many directions you could go down here, though it's a bit hard to provide specific advice without a bit more information.

As a start, it might help to consider a few things - 

• What is the current website and what are your products/services (i.e. what are you selling)?
  • What is your current website traffic or online/social media presence like? Does this need to be built up first?
  • What are your highest value products that you want to promote?

Then - 

• What are your goals re 'turning it into a small business' - to sell more online, or to convert some of the existing traffic into a combination of online and bricks-and-mortar/physical sales? (i.e. are you planning on opening a physical shop?)
  • Who is your target market and what are the best ways to reach them?

The points here are not only important questions to consider as a starting point, but if you can provide answers to these, it should also help members of the community forum provide additional advice.

I hope this helps get the ball rolling.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris D
June

How To Turn A Cooking website into a small business

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I agree with Mark's response, you have you figure out your customer first and find out what kind of need you are filling. There are many ways you can monetize a cooking website or blog. Including, but not limited to, affiliate links, sponsorships, products, membership community, video views on YouTube, and so on. Smiley Happy 
Best of luck!