Small Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Just starting out? This is the place to ask your questions and share resources for new or aspiring business owners.
Guide Me
star_border

Help getting started

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, my name is Grisele Christensen and just started a small home owned business and trying to get some traffic or add thru Google. The name of my company is KJ4 Special Events LLC, located in San Antonio Texas. I want when people is looking for a services that we could provide my business pops up. I am new at this digital marketing so I honestly don't have any idea where to start. I will appreciate your help. Tanks!!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help getting started

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Do you have a website yet? Do you have a brick and mortar location people can come to? The most basic place to start is with local directory listings such as Google My Business. We could start there.

Re: Help getting started

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @griselle c,

Welcome to the Google Small Business community. 

I would suggest reviewing the learn articles here, which are packed full of great info and advice. You will find out how to best utilize Google AdWords, along with several other products such as the Google Knowledge Panel,  setting up a website and things to avoid while doing so, putting Google Best Practices to use, creating and optimizing a Google My Business profile, which is a system for managing your G+ business page. There is even help offered for marketing yourself. These are just a few of the great subjects you can absorb.

Next, I would go through the Events section and watch the past events... and sign up for some of the new ones coming soon. 

Once you roam through those two community assets here, you will been a long with down the road to being better equipped to understand what is ahead and have plenty of questions and ideas to post up in the various communities here. There are five unique communities to utilize.

In essence, you have a lot of information and endless support here! We all want you to succeed and to make the best of your journey, too. 

Quick Actions:

1) Focus on your website

2) Focus on your NAP (name, address, phone) info across the web

3) Get Social and use as many social platforms as you can. 

Did you know that you can use Google AdWords Express with your G+ business page? This is a great way to get going fast, long before your a website is setup and optimized. 

Please just let us know anything specific questions you have and we will be happy to assist.

Kind Regards,

James

Help getting started

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Grisele if you need financial resources to grow your business I recommend you GoKapital is the faster and easiest funding service available.  Find out more https://www.gokapital.com/