Small Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Just starting out? This is the place to ask your questions and share resources for new or aspiring business owners.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Trusted Photographer or Google Trusted Business/Entity?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello-

My wife and I are taking the leap and starting a business producing 360° photography and virtual tour services (recently filed as an owner-operated LLC, hoping to bring on additional employees in the next year). She is working to earn Google Trusted Photographer status, but we are wondering what is the appropriate way to market that for our business once she achieves that status? Would we be a business that employs Google Trusted Photographers (I will be working on my Trusted status next) or can the business entity itself be the Google Trusted Photographer?  If the business can be a Google Trusted Photographer, what are the steps involved?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Trusted Photographer or Google Trusted Business/Entity?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Matthew C,

Welcome to the Google Small Business here... and to the Trusted Photographer program, too. 

You should visit this Google Help Forum, which actually covers this program. But as a member of the Google Trusted Photographer program (still earning the badge), a badged Google Partner, Google GYBO Partner, Google Aps for Work Partner, Google Rising Star... and some other credentials... I will add my thoughts to your inquiry here. 

Once you complete the steps of publishing your fifty 360 photos, you will be able to present yourself as a trusted photographer. You can be that individually or as an agency. After your submissions and acceptance, you will be given specific tools to market yourself, such as the trusted badge. If you take a look at the For-Hire Index (bottom of page), you will see that some are people and some are agencies/companies.

trusted photographer badge.jpg

As you see from the info above, your trusted badge will on your photos/work online, and you can put it on your website, business cards, etc., to further distinguish yourself as such.

As for marketing, I would suggest that you create a website and offer all the typical services you would, along with having a specific page to cover the services for Google Street View /Trusted Photographers program. And I would add the trusted page to the footer of every webpage, business cards, etc..

Having the trusted badge is a great credential and conversation piece. So, you could visit area businesses (or any while you travel) and introduce yourself and what you do. Add in that you are a trusted photographer in the Google Street View program and that you are able to do 360 tours of their business and help people online see their facility, products and become familiar with them, which will lead to more exposure for them online with Google. 

Always hand out a business card with your full name, contact info, web address, a brief description of your services and the trusted badge (after you earn it). Encourage them to visit you online to learn more about you, all of which helps validate you, which leads to building trust in you and getting to know you more, too.

I can say that you should not say you are from Google, work for Google, or align yourself with Google in such capacity, which some people try to do. This just causes more issues for everyone.      

Don’t forget to also check out our new help center articles on using the Street View app.

Best wishes on you and your wife's journey and the fun that is to come. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Google Trusted Photographer or Google Trusted Business/Entity?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I could add that even with the trusted photographer status it is still your responsibility to market the service locally.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Mike and James. My wife has earned the Trusted Badge and filled out the form to be listed in the For hire index. We were sure to include our agency name when submitting in the appropriate field but she is still listed as an individual... our business is not listed. Do we need to do something differently? Do we need more than one photographer with trusted status to be considered an agency? There does not seem to be anywhere in the Street View app where we can select whether an individual or agency is displayed.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Matthew C,

You are very welcome. 

No, you should not need multiple people to be considered an agency. 

If I were you, I would visit the help forum link I supplied and post up about your inquiry there. They are the support system for the program. We provide general support to Google Small Business. 

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

if you have exclusive work make sure google will trust you, no need anything else.

regards

Hassan