Small Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Just starting out? This is the place to ask your questions and share resources for new or aspiring business owners.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Reviews

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I'm new to the whole building your own website and running it...I'm having trouble getting my clients to review us on Google review because the review panel on the right doesn't show up. However, I do see that I have a review panel when I'm logged into my business google email. I searched "START Wellness clinic" and I dont see anything. Can anyone help me with this?? I would really like to get our clinic name out there.

Thank you,

Evelyn

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author START W
August 2016

Re: Google Reviews

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @START W,

You are very welcome. 

Yes, your website will mature with time and as you build content and connect it to social pages, local directories, etc.. 

Now that you have a website and a business to build, you should now begin the process of developing your online presence and optimizing your website.  Once a small business creates a website, they must work on making that website a great user experience for visitors. How do they do that? They provide a well-structured website with relevant content presented on a fast-loading and mobile-responsive, modern website. It also must not have errors or issues that harm a visitor or that prevents Google from crawling your website. 

You should be using Google Analytics and Google Search Console to better understand what is happening with your website. And looking at site speed, mobile-friendliness, search engine optimization (SEO) and at some point Google AdWords to bring more customers to your website that are searching for keywords related to your business.

1) Visit Google Search Console.

2) Use the Google Developers Speed Test and work on fixing the issues so that your score is 89 or higher for both mobile & desktop.

3) Rerun the Google Speed Test but use this tool instead. Make sure you have a mobile score of 100.

4) Run your site through this SEO score checker.

5) Visit Google Analytics and setup your website.

Utilize the steps as they are outlined. Visit #1 and dig into your website actions with Google. Use #2 to bring your score up and get any optimized content to download & use. Complete everything and then go to #3. Complete everything and go to step #4. Now go to step #5 and dig into what is actually happening with visitors and your website.

From here, you need to have a strong and consistent social presence that is updated with content related to your products & services. And you need to utilize a local online presence by being listed on local directories (YP, BBB, etc.). And all of your online information needs to be consistent and correct.

All of this will be a continual process of repeating the above steps 2-3 times per month for the life of your business.  

Please let us know what you discover and enjoy the process.

King Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @START W,

What is your full business name, address, website, and G+ page?

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi James,

My full business name is as follows:

START Wellness clinic
21 kenton drive
north york, ON M2R 2H6
www.startwellnessclinic.com

I think G+ page is startwellnessclinic

Thank you
Evelyn

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi James,

I just saw you left a review on our page but when i searched google again..our review page didn't show?

Thanks again
Evelyn

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @START W,

It appears your website and G+ page is fairly new. 

With this search, we can see that Google has crawled your site, Facebook, etc.. And with this search, we can see a Google Knowledge Panel has been created, which is a great thing.

And this is your G+/Google My Business page, which does not have any posts on it. I would add some posts that discuss what you do and add some others that give out your address, and some others that link to your website. Then I would add your G+ page to your website, like you have for Facebook. 

Further, your Google Reviews show up here. You can use this short URL, too: goo.gl/RUxPV5

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi James,

So the longer my webiste has been on google the better the search results? Thank you so much for all the help!

Cheers,
Evelyn
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author START W
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @START W,

You are very welcome. 

Yes, your website will mature with time and as you build content and connect it to social pages, local directories, etc.. 

Now that you have a website and a business to build, you should now begin the process of developing your online presence and optimizing your website.  Once a small business creates a website, they must work on making that website a great user experience for visitors. How do they do that? They provide a well-structured website with relevant content presented on a fast-loading and mobile-responsive, modern website. It also must not have errors or issues that harm a visitor or that prevents Google from crawling your website. 

You should be using Google Analytics and Google Search Console to better understand what is happening with your website. And looking at site speed, mobile-friendliness, search engine optimization (SEO) and at some point Google AdWords to bring more customers to your website that are searching for keywords related to your business.

1) Visit Google Search Console.

2) Use the Google Developers Speed Test and work on fixing the issues so that your score is 89 or higher for both mobile & desktop.

3) Rerun the Google Speed Test but use this tool instead. Make sure you have a mobile score of 100.

4) Run your site through this SEO score checker.

5) Visit Google Analytics and setup your website.

Utilize the steps as they are outlined. Visit #1 and dig into your website actions with Google. Use #2 to bring your score up and get any optimized content to download & use. Complete everything and then go to #3. Complete everything and go to step #4. Now go to step #5 and dig into what is actually happening with visitors and your website.

From here, you need to have a strong and consistent social presence that is updated with content related to your products & services. And you need to utilize a local online presence by being listed on local directories (YP, BBB, etc.). And all of your online information needs to be consistent and correct.

All of this will be a continual process of repeating the above steps 2-3 times per month for the life of your business.  

Please let us know what you discover and enjoy the process.

King Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you so much for your help. I will definitely try out all those steps to help my website and business grow.

Thank you once again,
Evelyn

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
You could also add a Google+ review button on your website. I did an article on how to do that a while ago: https://specializeddigitalmarketing.com/add-google-plus-review-button-website/

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Yes, adding a G+ button to a website is a great idea.

I usually use the G+ interactive button, which lets you make it perfectly suited to a website and owner's purpose. 

Kind Regards,

James