4.4K members online now
Just starting out? This is the place to ask your questions and share resources for new or aspiring business owners.
Guide Me
favorite_border
Highlighted

Google Map data needed for research

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I am currently doing my research to find the correct location for my business.How can find all data for a specific kind of business in my region. Or can I buy the data?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Map data needed for research

Google Small Business Advisor
# 2

@willem g there's a free tool that the United States Census Bureau offers that will help you. This is the link to it. Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI how can buy the data example (how many fish takeaways and locations is in johanesburg

Re: Google Map data needed for research

# 4

@willem g I'm sorry, I was giving you information for a business in the United States. I'm not sure how to do it in Johanesburg, South Africa. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

What kind of data are you looking for?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello, Willem!

All of the data for a specific kind of business that is registered has to in term of the Labour Relations Act make their data available to their local municipality.  

At this stage, the only place where you would that information then is Johannesburg's municipality.  There are rules and regulations governing the data, so I am not sure how easy it will be.  

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Statistics South Africa

The data is readily available on their website.  Just click on the above link Smiley Happy

Experts in the Topic
MikeJohnston
BrandonSchaefer