5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Noticing spammy businesses in the area or wondering about our policies? Ask your questions here.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Spam Map and Spam Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings @Tim Capper @Helmut Geissler @JoyHawkins @TomW and to all active mods, im sorry for tagging all of you but i just want to report a sinister spammer in our area, a competitor who just not use multiple accounts to review their own listing but also spam the addresses by adding all the cities and major provinces in it. This owner is also the owner of the reported maps before that have already been taken care of by google team heres the proof

Spammer with multiple cities in address box

but seems like they created another account to take advantage of google my business weak system, no offense i say weak because there are a lot of loopholes that this scumbags always take advantage and destroy legit businesses like us so pls help me, heres the info

google map url: https://goo.gl/maps/ixHSxgD3S4E2

scr.jpg

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Please don't tag multiple Top Contributors on the same post. There are dozens of unanswered threads we are trying to get to and since we are all volunteers here, there are only so many hours in the day. Having several of us look at the same thing makes it worse off for everyone on the forum, including yourself.

We do our best to assist whenever and however possible but these are volunteer positions so there honestly isn't a way for me to assist with every single thread.

I appreciate your assistance in the community.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Also, can you please be clear why this listing is fake? For example, is it not for a real business (if so how do you know that)?  Do they not exist at the address they are using or is it just that they are stuffing keywords in their business title?

Owner of Sterling Sky

Re: Spam Map and Spam Reviews

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey @JoyHawkins

Locations within address section too. Seems like this has migrated from India to the Philippines.

The address section allows up to 10,000 characters.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i deeply apologize for tagging more than one mod, it will never happen again.. listing is not fake but take a look at the reviews, the reviewers on that listing are obviously their own accounts but my main concern is that on their address they are using all of the major cities and major provinces which is i think against GMB policy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you tim :) again i apologize for tagging more than one mod .. it will never happen again

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I'll ask Google to fix the address and look at the reviews.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hey @satoshi s

I just wanted to update this thread that it looks like the listing is gone now.  Please mark this thread as resolved.

Owner of Sterling Sky
Experts in the Topic
JoyHawkins
Tim Capper