6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Noticing spammy businesses in the area or wondering about our policies? Ask your questions here.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Removing Fake Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello GMB,

My parent's business, Twinkle Nail and Spa, received fake reviews on Google, Facebook, and Yelp this week. These "reviewers" by the name of Sheryl Parker, Kristine Burke, Suzanne Green, Inez Hudson, and Kari Harman all left 1 star rating and some left fake reviews. Other guides like Yelp or Facebook removed these same reviews by the same exact reviewers. My parents know that these are fake reviews because they do not recognize these people and these reviewers all share same traits: leave 1 review with brand new accounts. These reviews are also out of the norm - my parents are averaging nearly 4.8 out of 5 stars elsewhere. The fact that other websites removed these ratings demonstrate that these reviews are nothing more than a smear campaign to hurt my parents' business. Please help.

Business Name: Twinkle Nail and Spa

Business Address: 1386 Hopmeadow Street, Simsbury, CT 06070

Business Number: 860-217-1727

Google Maps URL: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Twinkle+Nail+%26+Spa/@41.9037646,-72.7859747,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0...

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason K
August

Removing Fake Reviews

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Each review site is different and handles review(ers) differently. Unless you can show that a competitor is actively falsifying reviews, their isn't a way for these reviews to get removed. You can always reply to the review publicly and ask them to contact you so that you may work it out.

Removing Fake Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jason,

It's disappointing to hear that Google does not allow removal of flagrant false reviews.

My parents would like to avoid the legal route but I guess it's the only venue.

Thanks for your reply.

Removing Fake Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi, some one has left a fake review on our google my business, how to remove it.

Experts in the Topic
Jason B