My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Noticing spammy businesses in the area or wondering about our policies? Ask your questions here.
Guide Me
star_border

Rating from someone I never did business with

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Someone left me a 4 star rating with no review - however, I've never heard of them. I only serve 1-2 clients a month so I definitely would know if I had had contact with them professionally. How do I respond/have it taken down?

When google allows you to flag reviews, it doesn't allow for an explanation of why besides the multiple choice options, which don't really apply... 

June Moon Home Birth

1250 Addison St Berkeley CA 94702

510-406-8333

https://www.google.com/maps/place/June+Moon+Home+Birth/@37.868565,-122.2890924,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5...

www.junemoonbirth.com

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

we cannot help you remove a good review
accept it and move on

respond as you see fit

but keep a positive tone

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Same here, and Google seems to not care. I am not surprised. I really dislike Google. They help no one but themselves. They are one of the worse companies for small businesses. What small business owner needs to waste their time dealing with fake reviews. Because Google cannot fix their own platform. Or give business owners time saving tools to deal with such non-sense...

I could not even easily flag a review. Took me several pages to get to a form. Where a required field was the review text. Which in my case they left none.... Google is horrible!!! They are evil!

Now I can hope Google will do the right thing, after wasting some of their time. After I wasted my time. On a matter that should never exist. If their software and platforms were any good...

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Obsidian S
please do not hijack threads and make off-topic reviews

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

What about same here did you miss? The title says rating from someone I never did business with. That is exactly what happened to me. While you may not appreciate my comments. They are specific to the topic, thus starting with saying same here....

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Obsidian S
the expectation is to create (ONE) new thread for your issue and include at the very least a Google Maps link to your listing.

not to create posts in half a dozen threads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Richard R you mean just like you are doing? You do not work for Google. You should not be making off topic comments on posts that have nothing to do with you.

Are you a business owner dealing with fake reviews? If not then why are you commenting? Who do you think you are and why do you think it is your right or position to be critical of others. Go find some other thread to comment on. I can see that is what YOU do!

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@jenny c
please create a new thread. (likely answer is no however)

Re: Rating from someone I never did business with

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is bizarre because I never started this thread and I don't have a business to get ratings for!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

theres something wrong with tagging in this community @Jenny C