My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Noticing spammy businesses in the area or wondering about our policies? Ask your questions here.
Guide Me
star_border

Legitimate Locksmith Page Suspended for Spammy Behavior

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Pop-A-Lock

2. 239 Dreher Rd. West Columbia, SC 29169

3. (803) 933-9111

4. https://plus.google.com/114861032180930122567

Hi,

I handle digital marketing for Pop-A-Lock Columbia, SC. I had posted to the community last week but there have been some new developments.

The page was incorrectly marked permanently closed but someone who does not work or represent the business. I was told to verify the page to remove the status that the business is permanently closed. The page has been suspended and it will not let me verify the page.

After several days of no response, I had to reach to Google support again today. I was told the compliance team denied the reinstatement request. It was then suggested I submit an appeal, which I have done, but I never heard anything in regards to my first appeal submission.

The business page has been down for over a week and the business is suffering. His area is saturated with locksmith scammers, which I have reported, and they are still visible on Google while a legitimate locksmith is not. I have a business license to prove that this Pop-A-Lock location does in fact exist. I have a scanned copy of the business license and the online link to the license ishttp://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/view/lid/11252. I also have copies of the electric and water bills that are registered under the business name and address associated with the Google Business page.

I have been given different information from Google support, none of which has been a solution to this issue. I appreciate any help I can get! Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lauren Grace E
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 18
Top Contributor

@Lauren Grace E It looks like this got resovled before Google got back to me. Can you confirm everything is all good now? It appears verified again.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

View solution in original post

Re: Legitimate Locksmith Page Suspended for Spammy Behavior

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The link you listed for the business license returned an error. What do I need to search in the box to see the license? I searched "pop-a-lock" but it came back with nothing.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@JoyHawkins

The business license is registered under COPAL LLC.

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 2.48.45 PM.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I will escalate this to Google and see what they say.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for escalating  @JoyHawkins

I read a post that you responded to about information being changed by competitors or scammers. In our case, someone who does not have any affiliation with this business marked their listing as permanently closed. Is there a way to tell who marked the listing permanently closed so that they can be reported?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@JoyHawkins did you hear a response from Google? The Google support agent hasn't gotten back to me after 2 weeks of calling and I haven't received word on the appeal I submitted! Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hey Lauren,

The review is in progress! There is a massive backlog currently that we don't generally have to deal with but I think I should know in a few days what they come back with.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Replying here for @JoyHawkins , I just wanted to let you know that the business was reinstated and the one who reported you was also blacklisted by Google. 

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Thanks Ben! I was away the last few days and have dozens of flagged emails to get through!

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@JoyHawkins, thank you for helping get the page reinstated! It is still showing as suspended for quality issues in my account. Do you think this is just a delay?