1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Noticing spammy businesses in the area or wondering about our policies? Ask your questions here.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

How do I report repeat spam violators?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

These companies are clearly using keywords in their business names.  I have suggested edits but they continue to show up. Is there any way this can be fixed so they do not continue?

Abeles & Annes, P.C. - Phoenix Car, Truck & Personal Injury Lawyer

Should be

Abeles & Annes, P.C.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Abels+%26+Annes,+P.C.+-+Phoenix+Car,+Truck+%26+Personal+Injury+Law...

Car Accident Lawyer - Byrl Lane - Phoenix

Should be

The Law Offices of Byrl Lane, Esq.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Car+Accident+Lawyer+-+Byrl+Lane+-+Phoenix/@33.4140411,-112.0105421...

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

It is clear that lawyers value the Google My Business visibility and some may not care about the ethics of Googles terms of service. Ironic isn't it? So instead of being sarcastic here is a suggestion for a place to start by reading the article by Joy Hawkins on how to fight spam.

The first part of the question is how does it come back so fast, the person with the listing may have automated software doing it by a company that they hired that works the system. Joy describes a more detailed way to report the information you may want to follow her suggestions. Post again if that does not work.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thank you for replying. 

Prior to posting I read and followed the article by Joy (great piece). I guess I was hoping that I may have missed something somewhere and that the guys would get punished for abusing the system. 

Its really frustrating that these guys can come in and spam the system and get away with it, while we work so hard to keep on the straight and narrow. 

Is there anything else that you can think of? TIA! 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael G
July

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Looks like the first one you posted is a virtual office so the listing shouldn't even exist if that's the case. I'll escalate these and ask Google to review them.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Update: the 2nd one is already fixed.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I appreciate your input, thank you for your help. I am proud to be a part of this community :-) 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

WOW! That was fast. 

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Joy knows and has the pull

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Good stuff... I appreciate all the help and valuable feedback. Please let me know if I can ever do anything to help :-) 

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

Stay active in contributing as a guide and learning. Who knows what neat things may happen