1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Noticing spammy businesses in the area or wondering about our policies? Ask your questions here.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Google My Business Suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Sir/Madam,

Google has suspended our page due to quality issues, but I am unsure what the issue is.  Can you please help?

1. Horizon Landscape Company

2. 411 West Main Street, Wyckoff, NJ 07481

3. 201-848-0022

4. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Horizon+Landscape+Company/@41.013722,-74.1755707,17z/data=!3m1!4b1...

5. https://horizonlandscape.com

Google My Business page: https://business.google.com/b/109075351587851801266/dashboard/l/11832233319192493414?hl=en

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi  @Horizon L

I can't see at the mentioned address any signage of your bsuiness.

And I doubt you are serving your customers at the mentioned address.

Usually businesses of your typ serve their customers a their addresses only.

And in case it's the same with your biz you should define in GMB a  service area business with hidden address - as per https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Hello Mr. Geissler

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our concern. We do have an official office building where we service our customers with proposals, meetings and payments. We do have signage in front of our building.

Should we still uncheck "I also serve Customers at my business address" ? Please advise. Also will this remove the suspension?

Thank you again!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Hello Mr. Geissler

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our concern. We do have an official office building where we service our customers with proposals, meetings and payments. We do have signage in front of our building.

Should we still uncheck "I also serve Customers at my business address" ? Please advise. Also will this remove the suspension?

Thank you again!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

two remarks @Horizon L

incase you have a kind of hybrid business (i.e. servicing customers at your location and servicing them at their addresses) you should still specify a service area around your business location.

(and in this case there is no need to uncheck "I also serve Customers at my business address" )

But the suspension will very likely lifted only  if you filed an appeal:

The best thing to do would be to file an appeal to our team to request that your listing be reinstated. This will connect you directly with the team who can lift your suspension. file an appeal: https://support.google.com/business/troubleshooter/2690129?p=reinstatement_request&rd=1

And filing an appeal you should be aware Google needs to see a photo of your signage in front of the business building at your bsuiness address (visible from street veiw and/or sidewalk)

Again: I haven't seen such yet - maybe Streetview at your location is outdated

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut GeisslerHel

Hello Mr. Geissler,

If you look at the satellite view on google maps, you see the front of the building has a sign.

I would like to send you a print screen of it, but can't seem to do so. Satellite view of business location - Sign located in front of building.

We are also listed as serving within 15 miles of our business. 

I resubmitted a reinstatement, please keep me posted if possible. 

Thank you so much.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Hello Mr. Geissler,

If you look at the satellite view on google maps, you see the front of the building has a sign.

I would like to send you a print screen of it, but can't seem to do so. Satellite view of business location - Sign located in front of building.

We are also listed as serving within 15 miles of our business. 

I resubmitted a reinstatement, please keep me posted if possible. 

Please advise.

Thank you so much.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Horizon L

How to add screen captures or similar to posts: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/How-to-add-screen-captures-or-s...
(or upload them to a public picture site - linking them to here)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Mr. Geissler, 

I also have a suspended account and filed an appeal about 10 times and get the same automated response. I have even had the google business team call me 7 times and not one of them can help or seem to get me in touch with someone from the suspension department. 

I have read all the terms and conditions and my suspension was put on my account after I opened a brick and mortar. I was also advised by one of the google members that I talked to, to start a new listing and that one was instantly suspended. 

Please let me know if you can help me and if you need screen shots or anything. At this point I am losing so much business because of this issue. 

Thank you for any help!

Alex 
LOF 

Re: Google My Business Suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google Satellit view.JPGIMG_0098-2.jpg@Helmut Geissler

@Helmut Geissler

Dear Mr. Geissler, 

Please see above, our office has a sign in front of the building. 

We submitted a reinstatement and the suspension has still not been taken off.