3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Noticing spammy businesses in the area or wondering about our policies? Ask your questions here.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Google Employees Posting Negative Photos on My Local Listing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

This is my second post of the day about people posting negative stuff on my local listing.

I went to my local listing and above the heading "See Outside" is a photo of a trailer truck - the truck fills the frame. Click on the truck and a larger size of the same truck photo comes up.

I wrote to Google My Business about it and received a reply from an arrogant GMB employee named Suhail Khan. I've never read so much wrong information on one short page. He said he was at my location and the photo was correct - it's absolutely not, the truck,with a large logo on the side YMZ, has nothing to do with my business, trailer trucks don't park in our lot, and you can't see anything beyond the truck, it's just a full frame shot of the side of some random truck parked on the street.

He went on to say that "...you do not interact with customers at your physical location." Also absolutely not true. We have shoots with clients, business owners, models, crews, and we also hold casting sessions, have pre-production and production meetings there. Worse than all this, Mr. Kahn treated the whole thing like it was a joke. 

I sent an email to the best address I could find for GMB explaining that they had employees who were irresponsible and attached photos of our business. I got a form letter back that didn't even address the issue.

Can anyone please tell me how to take the truck photo down, it's not with the photos on my dashboard.

Thank you.

dittybows

Business name: WeShootProducts.com

7421 Laurel Canyon Blvd # 13, North Hollywood CA 91605

Map URL: www.weshootproducts.com

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

The image in question is the Google street view taken from the Google cat that drove by. There isn't a way to remove it until Google drives back by in the future.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I don't have a problem with them taking the photo - the frame is filled with the side of a trailer truck, it has nothing to do with me.  The problem is they posted it and said it was the outside view of my business - the side of a trailer truck?  When I complained he said he checked it and that it is a correct view of my business - the side of a trailer truck. He lied, he never checked anything. I sent a photo of the outside of our business. Then he said that I don't interact with clients at my location - he's making this stuff up. I sent photos to him of shoots with clients, crew, models. Why would someone do something like this? Because he's a sad, lonely person with no life, that's why. And that's who Google entrusts with our information, an irresponsible dork. His name is Suhail Khan.

dittybows

Re: Google Employees Posting Negative Photos on My Local Listing

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

omg
the photo of the tractor trailer is not a photo. its google streetview.
please do not abuse the GMB phone representatives. they have nothing to do with google streetview.

this is the old streetview dittybows wants put back https://www.google.com/maps/@34.205464,-118.3965712,3a,72.6y,266.92h,97.76t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sZO4p...

short answer is its not going to happen anytime soon

if you want to add an exterior photo - please do so
but google is unlikely to be updating streetview imagery in your area until 2018

your website does not list the address of your office. (consistent with google my business best practices it should be listed)
GetShot.png
so i can understand why he thought you had a Service Area Business.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

why is the business named 
WeShootProducts.com?

real name of the business appears to be We Shoot Products

gmb guidelines do not permit url's as names in most cases

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I don't know what that has to do with my post Richard, but the verified name of my business in GMB is WeShootProducts.com and has been for years. What surprises me is that no one in the community other than myself is outraged by google employees playing fast and loose with our information. Instead of helping us with marketing our business, google employee Suhail Khan hindered the marketing of my business by completely misrepresenting it with a false photo and statements that were lies. He was never at my location and he made up false information that we don't interact with clients at our location - which is completely untrue. He just made that up. This doesn't anger anyone here? Wow.

Re: Google Employees Posting Negative Photos on My Local Listing

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

please correct the name of your business on Google my business (to "We Shoot Products") and put your address on your website.

having .com in your naming for seo reasons is forbidden by both gmb and maps guidelines

if your address does not belong on your website it probably does not belong on Google Maps. Your listing was formerly Service Area only (with a hidden address).

since the studio visits are by appointment hiding your address is another option
(and your location is not continuously staffed)
as per previous

screenshot-www.google.com 2016-06-30 14-03-34.png

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

No, that's not the photo, don't know where you got that but it's better than the one Suhail Khan posted. I'm not crazy about the idea of showing the address but that is what the front of my business actually looks like. I prefer the one I put on my dashboard but I'll take this one over the side of a random trailer truck parked on the street that's blocking the entire front view of my business.

I never spoke with any phone reps. You must get your information the same place Kahn gets his. Are you a photographer? Because I don't know more than two photographers that actually post their address on their Contact page, and there is good reason for not doing that. Other than a basic description of the cross streets my clients get the studio address only after they book a job.

You never gave your opinion on his lies. It doesn't bother you that someone who is supposed to be helping us lied about information he had no way of obtaining? I'm really shocked that no one here is bothered by what this google employee did, that he presented false information to the public that disparaged my business and then lied to the google client (me) about being at my location and about knowing how my business is run. WE DON'T INTERACT WITH CLIENTS??? WHAT? Khan is an arrogant low-life, how can you not recognize that.

ditty bows

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You want me to announce to criminals - hey, there's photo studio at this address, with expensive cameras, lights, a couple of macs. My insurance agent would love that.

Be real.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

1. fix the name to remove the .com
2. set a reasonable service area and hide your address

let me be clear
the location information should be consistent between your website and google maps listing

whether you interact with gmb reps by phone, chat or email
google provides support as a free service