My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Noticing spammy businesses in the area or wondering about our policies? Ask your questions here.
Guide Me
star_border

Claimed business that does not exist

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, there is a claimed listing for a BP petrol station in my town that does not exist, and as far as I know, has never existed in that location. The correct location is already on the map and can be verified using Street View. I have marked the wrong location as "does not exist" through Google Maps a couple of times, but it is always restored. Can I get this listing completely removed, or will it keep reappearing?

EDIT: The bad BP listing has now been merged with the correct business (Puma). 

Re: Claimed business that does not exist

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Now the Puma listing (which is the accurate location) has either been removed or merged with the incorrect BP listing. Could someone please get this looked into? I am not the owner by the way.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bumping. Could someone please escalate this?

Re: Claimed business that does not exist

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I contacted Google My Business on Twitter, but they were unable to help me and told me to suggest edits through Google Maps, which I have been doing unsuccessfully since last year.

The correct business is Puma. It was previously Shell, but it was changed to Puma sometime last year. I don't know why there are claimed listings for BP and Yeppoon - Park St here. Can someone help get this escalated?

PumaBP.PNG

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone please assist?