My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Noticing spammy businesses in the area or wondering about our policies? Ask your questions here.
Guide Me
star_border

67 pages on Google My Business Suspended for Quality. Please Help!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

As usual I went to Google My Business to check the insights for our shop locations and I noticed that there was a red bar at the top that read, "Google has suspended your page due to quality issues".

Up until today everything was working fine. I do not understand what part of the guideline quality we were flagged for.. We have 67 locations and all 67 pages were suspended.

Each page reads as : Auto Glass Now (Store Location City)

ex: Auto Glass Now Sacramento  

google + page: https://plus.google.com/b/115790938395884341321/+AutoGlassNowSacramento/posts?gmbpt=true&hl=en

Company name: Auto Glass Now 

Please help with this! 

Thank you,

Itzel 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jasmine_
August 2016

Re: 67 pages on Google My Business Suspended for Quality. Please Help!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
The good news is that you got what I refer to as a soft suspension because the listings still exist and rank but they are no longer verified. Example: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Auto+Glass+Now+Sacramento/@38.582886,-121.483514,15z/data=!4m2!3m1...

That usually means there is something about your account that Google doesn't trust. I would agree that adding the city-name in the title could cause the suspension since it's a violation of Google's guidelines.

Also, keep in mind that violating rules on a few listings could cause your entire account to lose privileges to manage the listings so I would think back to what changes you made recently and to what locations.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Itzel,

Your pages are at a minimum, suspended because your business names are violating Google’s guidelines. According to the guidelines, “Your name should reflect your business’ real-world name, as used consistently on your storefront, website, stationery, and as known to customers.” Adding the store location city is not permitted and all of your locations should have the name Auto Glass Now, excluding the city modifier in the name. Review the above guidelines to make sure that you're not violating any other guidelines.

If you're managing these locations using the bulk upload dashboard, you can easily download a file of all of your locations, update the name in the excel sheet, and re-upload the file. Once your listings are in compliance, you can complete this form to request reinstatement or use this form to request a call back from Google support.

Hope this helps!

Meghan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Megan,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry. This morning I noticed that one of our locations was reinstated:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Auto+Glass+Now+Springfield/@37.2090693,-93.2637227,17z/data=!3m1!4...

Yesterday I submitted the reinstatement request form and today google determined that we were under compliance. As you can see by the link, we were still reinstated even with our name Auto Glass Now Springfield. I would like to know why google suspended the accounts in the first place?

I still have to submit an appeal for the remainder of our locations. I am hoping they will all get reinstated.

- Itzel
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jasmine_
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
The good news is that you got what I refer to as a soft suspension because the listings still exist and rank but they are no longer verified. Example: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Auto+Glass+Now+Sacramento/@38.582886,-121.483514,15z/data=!4m2!3m1...

That usually means there is something about your account that Google doesn't trust. I would agree that adding the city-name in the title could cause the suspension since it's a violation of Google's guidelines.

Also, keep in mind that violating rules on a few listings could cause your entire account to lose privileges to manage the listings so I would think back to what changes you made recently and to what locations.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual