6.4K members online now
Noticing spammy businesses in the area or wondering about our policies? Ask your questions here.
Guide Me
favorite_border
Highlighted

1 Company - 4 Business Listings - 15 Websites - 5 Phone Numbers - All go to the same place

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

iPad Repair Leeds

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/iPad+Repair+Leeds/@53.8323689,-1.6465443,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3...

2 Rose Terrace, Horsforth, Leeds LS18 4QA

ipadservice.co.uk

0113 259 1700

iPhone Repair Leeds

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/iPhone+Repair+Leeds/@53.832325,-1.6464917,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!...

122 New Road Side, Horsforth LS18 4QB

iphonerepairleeds.com

0113 259 1500

Laptop Service Leeds

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Laptop+Service+Leeds/@53.8323769,-1.6465112,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m...

01132 585 636

laptopserviceleeds.co.uk

The Repair Lab

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/The+Repair+Lab/@53.832008,-1.644242,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s...

0113 887 5009

www.the-repair-lab.co.uk

The last listing above does not even exist it is the same business as all above with a different address listed for spamming reasons. This can easily be verified by looking on street view or calling the number of which the same person will answer. You can also verify that this is a spam listing by looking at the telephone number listed on the google maps listing, this number is the same number that is on the following sites all of which show the same pictures of the shop in question:

irectify.co.uk - 0113 887 5009

iPhone-repair-bradford.co.uk - 0113 887 5009

the-repair-lab.co.uk - 01132 887 5009

It is also worth noting that this business has created this listing in order to confuse genuine customers into thinking they are another business, (Repair Lab is the name of another Leeds business with an excellent reputation) effectively passing them selves off as the other company. 

If you call all the numbers, the same person will answer. If you go to the address, they have 1 shop and 2 Rose Terrace (which is the address listed on iPad Repair Leeds) is actually the house next door. The images on the websites are all practically identical all the same repairs advertised from the same location. All websites show the same store frontage. The company name is actually iRecitfy which can be confirmed by looking at the following review https://www.google.co.uk/maps/contrib/102498378291108738771/place/ChIJF9HDOr1YeUgR_fDZBMPIGBE/@53.83...

where  a customer has posted a picture of the invoice given. 

This company has effectively cloned itself online and used keyword spamming as a way of gaming the google listings, the company names on these listings are just keywords, not the actual business name.

Here is a full list of the sites I have found for the company and the numbers listed. All with the exception of irectify.co.uk have been created with the sole purpose of keyword spamming Google.

iphonerepairleeds.com - 0113 259 1500
ipadservice.co.uk - 0113 259 1700

aaiphones.co.uk - 0113 887 5009

irectify.co.uk - 0113 887 5009

iPhone-repair-bradford.co.uk - 0113 887 5009

the-repair-lab.co.uk - 01132 887 5009

consolerepairleeds.co.uk - 0113 259 1082

laptopserviceleeds.co.uk - 0113 258 5636

Thanks in advance.

Alex

1 Expert replyverified_user

1 Company - 4 Business Listings - 15 Websites - 5 Phone Numbers - All go to the same place

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alex E

I'll escalate this again.  thank you for your patience and persistence.

-
Margaret · Google My Business Top Contributor · on Google+ · my blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Margaret,

the spamming from the company in question is certainly getting worse and I hope the Spam team take action once again.

Kind Regards

Alex

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Alex E
Confirming these have been escalated again. Some of the listings should disappear, can't say for sure all of them will.

-

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Ok hopefully this will get resolved.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Any update on this? @MargaretO Thanks.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The listings are all still live, yet google removed the iphone repair leeds one yesterday most likely for spamming and fake positive reviews but for some reason the listed has just been reinstated. 

Any update possible on what is going on here? @MargaretO

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Alex E
*Sigh*
Will escalate this again.

-

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Alex E

Still discussing this with Google.

As far as the borrowing of someone else's name goes, the original company needs to take that up with the offenders.  I hope they'd be inclined to take action if someone was impinging on their brand.  Maybe you can make them aware of it?

-

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello @MargaretO, thanks for this, it appears the local listing for iPad repair leeds has been removed. Although the fake listing for The Repair Lab is still live, there is no business in Horsforth of this name and as said previously the same people answer the phones for all numbers.

Further to this the listing for iPhone Repair Leeds which was removed for a few days earlier in the month is still continuing to Spam like crazy offering discounts for positive reviews. Not only this but I would say 75% of the 409 reviews on this account and just plain fake written by the business itself using customer handsets. I think this is extremely clear you read the content of the 5 star reviews, they are all written in the same way and quite frequently criticise other business in the fake positive reviews. I hope action will be taken to prevent this continuing.

Experts in the Topic
MargaretO