how to switch from Adwords express to Google Adwords

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tangmo R,

There are two ways to switch over. 

1) You can click the 3 vertical dots in the header at the right hand side and click "view in adwords".
You will be able to access your AdWords Express account in AdWords with the same log in info. You will have some work in front of you to rework your campaigns and put all of the many, many features of AdWords to work. Quality score is really important and it can only be at a good level by utilizing much of the features. 

2) Some accounts do not have the dots and cannot be manually migrated. In this case, you have to contact support and they will do it for you. You can call 866-246-6453, Monday - Friday from 9am to 8 pm EST. 

If you never set up AdWords Express before, your browser cache needs to be cleared, since the cookie (and history) and auto fill option is taking over. This is the link to AdWords: https://www.google.com/adwords/

All the Best,

James

Re: how to switch from Adwords express to Google Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can you please send me a screenshot how does it look like the 3 vertical
dots?

It might be somewhere and probably I cannot see it.

Thank you
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tangmo R
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Tangmo R,

The three dots will be in the upper corner, however it can look different based on the device, screen size, and other variables. And some account do not have it. If you do not see it, you should contact support and let them migrate your account and walk you through some of the AdWords basics. 

And you should start reviewing AdWords Best Practices. The two products (AdWords and AdWords Express) are very different products and work night & day from one another. I cannot stress this enough. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: how to switch from Adwords express to Google Adwords

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

The top right corner in the AdWords Express dashboard should look something like the following images -

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 1.17.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 1.18.08 PM.png

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had to reach out to Google Adwords Support via chat to make the account default was Adwords and not Adwords Express.

Here is the consent I needed to provide:

On behalf of my company [INSERT COMPANY NAME], I give Google my approval to make all of the following types of modifications in AdWords Account without first notifying me:

Request 1: I authorize Google to Change My Account from Express to Standard

AdWords Account CID: {}

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Call 855-500-2762 for Google support and press 1.  Calling in is the only way. 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2016.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.