Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Wrongful Billing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I created a Google AdWords several months ago to trial it. Fast forward several months and I have incurred £100 charges in total for an ad that was not running in the first place (proof in two emails below).

I received emails stating that my ad infringed Google AdWords' policy and yet, when I contact the support team, they say that my ad led to a login page which justifies the charges. I have tried contesting the charges multiple times and contacted the support team to cancel any live campaigns, but it seems like this request hasn't gone through. Today I have finally been successful in cancelling ALL my accounts and campaigns, however I found out that I will be charged another £62 in the next few days due to the same campaign running on an Express account which I wasn't aware of.

I was under the assumption that advertisers would only be charged once their ad is clicked on and directs the customer to their webpage. Can someone explain why I have been charged? Shouldn't I be refunded if my ads were disapproved? 

Note that I didn't want to run a campaign in the first place, but it proved incredibly difficult to cancel it because I was having trouble logging into my account. This fell into deaf ears and could not be resolved by the support team in time, which meant that my ad was "running" (but not really running - see the two emails below) without my consent. 

Thank you,

Doris

Adwords1.pngAdwords2.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Wrongful Billing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Doris,

Sorry to see that no one replied to your help ticket here in the community. 

Did you get this resolved already? 

Kind Regards,

James

Wrongful Billing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Unfortunately not, I am still £102.16 out of money I don't think I should have been charged.

Kind regards,

Doris

Wrongful Billing

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Doris,

Thanks for the reply. 

Did you interact with support beyond what is stated in your first post? 

Kind Regards,

James

Wrongful Billing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes I have, I contacted customer service multiple times to contest the charges. The gist of their argument for refusing me a full or even partial refund is because prospects have clicked on the link and it led to a webpage, albeit it being just a log-in page for Wordpress. I told them about receiving emails stating that my ad wasn't running due to infringing AdWords' policy but they didn't really dwell on that too much, reverting back to their first and only argument for charging me. 

Kind regards,

Doris

Wrongful Billing

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Doris,

I really appreciate you stopping back by and letting us know how this turned out. While I am not able to do anything based on the reply from support, it will be used to better the overall experience in the future. 

All the Best,

James