AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

AdWords Express
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Make sure you're set up and ready to run your first campaign
Guide Me
star_border

Why can I not change the search words in adwords express?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The fixed list only allows selection from what google provides, not what would be useful to search by, why is this?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Neil R,

AdWords Express is a limited feature edition of the full feature edition of AdWords. And since many that use AdWords Express do not wish to learn how to properly utilize it, it is mostly automated or set up as is. 

If you feel the search phrase does not fit your needs, you could use this form and submit more?

You can switch your AdWords Express to AdWords, but I caution against doing so unless you are looking for a major project and willing to dedicate time to learn it, waste some money learning it, and stay engaged with it. Yes, I am being overly strong with those points, so that you realize what you are taking on now before changing it... since you can't go back. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Neil R,

AdWords Express is a limited feature edition of the full feature edition of AdWords. And since many that use AdWords Express do not wish to learn how to properly utilize it, it is mostly automated or set up as is. 

If you feel the search phrase does not fit your needs, you could use this form and submit more?

You can switch your AdWords Express to AdWords, but I caution against doing so unless you are looking for a major project and willing to dedicate time to learn it, waste some money learning it, and stay engaged with it. Yes, I am being overly strong with those points, so that you realize what you are taking on now before changing it... since you can't go back. 

Kind Regards,

James