Make sure you're set up and ready to run your first campaign
Guide Me
star_border

Policy Violation: Destination not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me.

I created a google ad yesterday and submitted it, it is showing as 'live' on my dashboard however there is no viewing/click activity going on. There was for a short amount if time but then the views and clicks stopped.

I  received an email yesterday saying I had violated policy as 'destination not working'

My website is live and working fine so not sure why its saying this. I called the help desk at Adwords Express and an advisor confirmed my site is live, advised me to make a small edit to my ad and submit it again. I did this. Last night I received an email saying 'congratulations your ad will be live in 24 hours'

I have just received today however another email saying I am violating policy as 'destination not working' again! Checked my website, its fine and link working.

Does anyone know what's going on? Very frustrating. I cant call the helpdesk as its only open Mon-Fri.

I used and 1and1 website builder to create my website.

Id appreciate any help.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Policy Violation: Destination not working

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Annalee H,

I would contact 1 & 1 and ask them to verify your hosting package is unlimited and accessible from anywhere in the world. It could be that they have some type of country blocking going on, and Google Adbots can crawl from anywhere in the world. So if there is blocking or limits placed on your hosting package, your website will load for you (and for Google AdWords Express support), yet a certain Google Adbot will be blocked and you will receive the violation message. 

Please check on this and let us know what you discover.

Kind Regards,

James