AdWords Express
2K members online now
2K members online now
Make sure you're set up and ready to run your first campaign
Guide Me
star_border

I have just signed up to AdWords Express and can't see how to access keyword planner.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are a new website and I want to use Keyword Search to help SEO and ad targeting. Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

I have just signed up to AdWords Express and can't see how to access keyword planner.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @lauren r,

AdWords Express does not use Keyword Planner, so it does not give you access to it. 

AdWords uses keywords as a targeting method... AdWords Express does not. You simply input your business products or services and AdWords Express handles ad targeting. The two products work very differently

If you still wish to use Keyword Planner, you would need to use AdWords. 

Kind Regards,

James

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

As @J Clemens noted, you do not get access to the keyword planner.  However, you will note that AdWords Express will generate a fairly substantial list Search Phrases based on your business.  As someone who has spent waaaayyy too much time sometimes with the keyword planner, let me assure you that for a small business with a new website, the AdWords Express search phrases are a great start on the best-performing phrases for your business.

The step many people miss is also using Search Console (https://support.google.com/webmasters) and checking both the Content Keywords report and Search Analytics report.  You should see a good correlation between the Content Keywords, the Search Analytics, and AdWords Express Search Phrases.