AdWords Express
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Make sure you're set up and ready to run your first campaign
Guide Me
star_border

How do I change the landing page on my adwords express ad?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why doesn't my adwords express ad show up in my adwords campaigns? The adwords help for this question doesn't work for adwords express!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Stephen T,

That would be like cooking tips for pizza working for cooking tips for hamburgers. AdWords and AdWords Express are two, completely different products and work in very different ways. This information pertains to AdWords Express.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply. I could find no instructions in that link however. The link to edit my ad does not seem to allow me to change the web page address. What am I missing?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Stephen T,

You are welcome.

You are discovering the quirks or uniqueness of AdWords Express in comparison AdWords. I am involved with both and can easily get twisted around when working in one to the other. 

With AdWords Express, the website is part of the business info. So, when you look at that help article, you would look at the part of creating an ad for a new business. Or if your website is permanently changed, you would want to update that with Google My Business since AdWords Express pulls the info from your Google My Business (G+) profile, as many people push traffic to their G+ page, which is something AdWords cannot do. You will likely enjoy reading into that discusses setting up the AdWords Express account, which is where the landing page comes into play. 

As you read both help articles, you will gain better understandings of AdWords Express and the limitations that AdWords does not have. We have to remember that AdWords is full feature and for advertising agencies (I am one) or those with time to train and learn the robust system. Yet, AdWords Express is self-operating (for the most part) and meant to not need much effort to use since the system does it all in the way it functions (which brings lots of limitations compared to AdWords). 

I hope this info helps. 

Kind Regards,

James