Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a furniture category?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Having trouble choosing the correct product category

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chant,

Yes there is. Are you using AdWords Express now?

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Having trouble choosing the correct product category

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Yes, I am currently using AdWords Express.

I have settled on using "YouTube" as my product category (the furniture category comment was in response to someone else's question).

WHAT ARE "CLICKS" IN ADWORDS EXPRESS?

I have a question about what "clicks" are.  I made a screenshot for reference.
I began my campaign yesterday, May 22.

The ad was viewed 3,863 times.

The center "Clicks" column says the ad was clicked on 55 times.

Under "Search phrases", it says the ad was clicked on 19 times.

1) Should these numbers be the same?

2) How do you explain their difference? Do they represent different things?

NO CHANGE IN CHANNEL METRICS

Overall, my channel page was viewed 32 times during the same period and three of my videos were collectively viewed 13 times. I did not gain any new subscribers. For me this represents the status quo and no real gain in any of the metrics I am tracking. Did I miss something here?

YOUR AD GOES LIVE IN 24 HOURS

I received an email yesterday at 5pm from AdWords Express saying that "Your ad goes live in about 24 hours." But in the Dashboard it says the account is active and I have been making changes and watching changes in Views and Clicks since yesterday at 11am.

Is my ad live or not?

ALMOST FINISHED SIGNING UP

Also, I just got an email (20 minutes ago) saying that "You're almost finished signing up." How could this be possible if my campaign is already live and money has already been spent?

Is my ad live or not?

Thanks for any insight into this.

M

Having trouble choosing the correct product category

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Chant M,

You are welcome.

Click reports would not be reported as the same as there are different actions that bring clicks. Clicks on search phrases are specific to them and not someone clicking on your Google Maps pin (for example). You can use Map Actions to learn more about what actions were used with your ads. In your case, you received a totaled of 55 clicks and 19 came from search phrases specifically. You can read more about customer views, clicks and calls.   

With a YouTube channel, simply bringing someone to it will not make them subscribers. It is up to each visitor. Some people will land on a channel and read it, look at video titles, look at subscriptions, etc... and never do anything more. You channel most be engaging and relevant to what they wanted/expected to discover. I very worthwhile learning hub is provided for free by YouTube with YouTube Creator Academy. Also be sure to take the courses (also free) to brush up your skills. 

Once your account is setup, it takes a little time to become live. Sometimes messages go out and are delayed from email providers or other reason and so by the time you have received the message the action is different. Emails are more of an indication that something took place... but your dashboard will always be the most current place for what is happening. IF your dashboard shows performance... your ads are live.  

Hope this helps. 

All the Best,

James