6.6K members online now
Make sure you're set up and ready to run your first campaign
Guide Me
star_border

Granting AdWords Express access to another user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work for an ecommerce company and we have an AdWords account and an AdWords Express account, with a different customer ID for each. I have access to the AdWords account, but I cannot access the AdWords Express account. Only my supervisor has access to the Express account. How does he grant me access to the Express account? He recently added me as a manager of the Google My Business account that is linked to the Express account, but that only gave me access to the basic business info, not to the Express account. I found one help article on this issue, but it says that you cannot invite an email address to an Express account if that account is already associated with another AdWords account, which mine is. I need to be able to manage both from the same login, how do I do this?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

The only way to grant multiple people access to an AdWords Express account was by having the additional users have an Google AdWords Manager Account - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6139186

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I saw this reply and set up an adwords manager profile on the profile I didn't want (let's call it profile 1, as I set it up first under the wrong email).... added the account that I wanted to run my adwords express account (let's call it profile 2, with the correct email) as an administrator. I subsequently deleted profile one from access.... all seemed to be going nice and smoothly...

Until I realised that I although I now have both accounts (on my second profile), on my adwords account.... I can't access my adwords express ad that was set up on profile 1. I thought this would switch over with it??? Any help?