AdWords Express
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Make sure you're set up and ready to run your first campaign
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use a coupon from my other Adwords account to promote the same business on my first account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a website for our business. I used my personal gmail account to sign up for Google My Business and adwords, and ran our first adwords express there.

Later on, I signed up using my company email because of a coupon.

Question is, would there be conflict if I use my company email to promote the same business? I just want to use the coupon.

Or would I be breaking rules?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vanessa Ezra G
June

Can I use a coupon from my other Adwords account to promote the same business on my first account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Vanessa Ezra G,

You would bring about a very serious violation.

1) You cannot use more than one account to promote the same business. 

2) You cannot apply a promotional coupon more than once for the same.

You need to use one account for the business and give up on the promotional coupon since you have applied it already. 

AdWords is very policy focused and you will want to proceed with caution until you spend time learning more about it. IF you violate policy and account gets suspended, it will follow you, website, business, contact info (and much more) for life... or until you clear the suspension (which is nearly impossible).

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you James! Don't want to get suspended or anything so I might just let the coupon go. Smiley Sad Anyway, is there a way to change the email that I use for Google My Business and Adwords. I just want to switch to the more formal email instead of my personal one.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Vanessa Ezra G,

You are welcome. 

When you say Google My Business and AdWords, this leads me to think you are using AdWords Express connected to your Google My Business profile. Is that correct? Or are you using Adwords and also have a Google My Business profile? 

I ask since the process to do what you are wanting is quite different for each. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! Sorry it is Adwords Express. I didn't know it is different from Adwords. My GMB and Adwords Express are connected.

Re: Can I use a coupon from my other Adwords account to promote the same business on my first accoun

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Vanessa Ezra G,

Yes, they are very different products. You can compare the two with this information

With AdWords Express and Google My Business, changing the email for the accounts is a little complicated.

As for Google My Business, you would need to transfer primary ownership. This will disconnect your first email with all actions with GMB and make the second email the owner and operator. 

At this point, we have completed GMB but it leaves it disconnected from AdWords Express. And yet AdWords Express is not set to allow users to be added or edited easily...and the general way this is accomplished is to set up a free AdWords Manager Account (with your business email) and then connect the AdWords Express account to it while your first email remains the owner.

At this point, you would have GMB in your second (business) email and you would have a AdWords Manger Account in your second email and the AdWords Express account accessible to both the first and second email. While this is almost what you want... it still it not 100% perfect. 

If you read over this information about relinking Adwords Express to GMB, it requires opening the AdWords Express account in the AdWords interface and adding a user as it is done with AdWords. However, this is going to make both the first and second emails accessible but not remove your first email. 

With all of that said, I think the easiest thing would be to...

#1) Leave your first email on the GMB as owner and add the second email as owner using this info. This lets either email control all aspects of the GMB profile. Then change notification settings for the first email so that you are not bothered about the GMB profile. 

#2) Now use the relinking Adwords Express to GMB and add the second email to the AdWords Express account and leave the first email on it, too. Then change notification settings for the first email so that you are not bothered by AdWords Express. 

This should make it where the first and second email are owners/admins... but make it where only the second email is contacted and used to log in and operate both GMB and AdWords Express. I like this way too for the sense of having backup emails in case something happened to one or the other. 

Another option would be to cancel the AdWords Express account, then transfer primary owner of GMB to second email, then create a brand new AdWords Express account in second email... completing total removal of first email and only having the second email involved with GMB and AdWords Express. 

You could also contact AdWords Express/AdWords Support and plead with them to change the email of the AdWords Express account... then deal with the GMB with the information in #1 above. Call 1-866-246-6453 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST). I do not think they will no what what... but I would hate to leave the "possible option" out. 

Sorry for the long reply.

Kind Regards,

James