1.8K members online now
Make sure you're set up and ready to run your first campaign
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Targeting: Receiving Clicks from outside target region

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an "Adwords Express" ad. Not sure how this is different from "Adwords." When I go to adwords.google.com it shows I have no campaigns, but under business.google.com I clearly have an ad running. In any event, I keep getting calls from a larger town about 1.5 hour drive away that I do not service. My target area clearly doesn't get close to there. How can I stop wasting my time, people's time looking for local service that I do not provide and clearly wasted advertisement money?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Roy,

AdWords and AdWords Express are two completely different platforms. Please read this information and take the steps outlined. Use this information to learn more about AdWords Express... as you will not want to focus any attention on AdWords as a user of AdWords Express. Use this link to access AdWords Express.

Also, I have moved your help inquiry to the AdWords Express community to prevent any confusion to others. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same problem with Adwords Express. Did your issue get resolved? I have tried looking in the Express forum but cannot find the link to your query 

Re: AdWords Targeting: Receiving Clicks from outside target region

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No I have not. They moved my question from Adwords to Adwords express because they're apparently different things. I still get calls frequently from an area west of my service area an hour's drive away. It wastes my time AND the customer's time, not to mention my ad revenues.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

Yes, AdWords and AdWords Express are two completely different platforms. This discussion thread we are talking in is located in the AdWords Express help community since the topic is AdWords Express. It's easy to find and locate for all. 

The information provided should have helped with this issue. However, you can also contact AdWords Express/AdWords Support and they can access your account with you and assist further. Call 1-866-246-6453 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST).

Please take action so you can preserve your resources, which we all can certainly relate to. Inefficiency in advertising does no one good, truly. 

Kind Regards,

James