5.9K members online now
Make sure you're set up and ready to run your first campaign
Guide Me
star_border

AdWord Express website link

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm in the process of setting up AdWord Express through My Business page. I'm on the "Create your ad" screen and there is a field to enter my website address. I thought I wouldn't need to have a website for AdWord Express. Do I need to put the URL to my Google+ page there? What is the exact URL I need to enter?

Another question. I've read in few other articles that registering with website that has a common top-level domain (i.e. facebook.com) might cause issues with how the ads appear. Would Google+ page be impacted by same issue?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Glade N
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Glade N,

AdWords Express is ideally set to use your G+ business page URL, so there is no issue at all, such as when using Facebook.

If you go to your G+ page that you wish to promote, copy the URL from your page. If you have a custom URL, it would look like this: https://plus.google.com/+YOURCUSTOMPAGEURL/ (use everything except change out the YOURCUSTOMURL for yours.) 

If you need further help, please just let us know.

Kind Regards,

James 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply.

So, it doesn't use my G+ business page URL by default? I have to enter it explicitly in that form?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Glade N,

You are very welcome. 

Some people use AdWords express for their main website and others use it with G+, so you have the option to enter what you want. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank your support

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you verymuch

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for the information 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you don't have a website then you are correct in putting your G+ ID address where it ask for your ad to be linked to. You must have one of those linked in order to run in adwords express. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You need to have your business list and verified in Google my Business. Once you have it listed in will show up in 

1 Google Maps

2. G+ 

3. Google Local Business Listings 

It will be shown on the right side of Google Search page.