Small Business
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Your business is up and running, you're looking for information and guidance to help you become more savvy and efficient. This is the place for you.
Guide Me
star_border

product feed - removing to start again

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have been populating my website, and so the items change frequently. Unfortunately I did not follow the correct procedure when updating product feed. I created a new feed so that the new products would be included as well as the stock levels of existing products which had been added in a previous feed. I now realize that I should be using the automatic full feed update which would then include the new products as well as updating existing. I now have warnings that products uploaded through multiple feeds. What is my best course of action to rectify this

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: product feed - removing to start again

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi there, @Patricia L,

Welcome to the community. I would recommend that you check out the Google Merchant Center help pages to get this resolved; you should find the help you need there.

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for reply LizzP, but my problem does not fit with any of the problems and solutions given. My feeds are ok in general with a couple of little problems that I can rectify it is the fact that I have created feeds with the same products included. What I want to know is - if I delete all the feeds how long will I have to wait before I can re submit - or how long does it take for the information to drop from google once the feed has been removed. Pat

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Patricia L,

As @GoogleSmallBiz stated, that is the great resource for learning more about Merchant Center.

If you need more help, your topic would get exposure by those that can help here on the Advertiser Community by posting it in the Adwords section. There is a Merchant Center help section that might even have other info useful to you already posted. 

We actually have five floors here:

1) Google Small Business

2) Google My Business

3) Google Adwords

4) Google Analytics

5) Google Partners. 

Have a great weekend,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,
Thanks for the reply, but again sending me to the Adwords will not give me the answer I am looking for. Have I posted this question on the wrong 'floor' or in the wrong 'sectiion' to get an answer? - or do you only offer redirects on this forum. I will now re state the problem and hope someone can give me guidance. I cannot go forward with any campaign until I know my feeds are ok. I have created an initial feed - which is ok with google. But because I have been adding more products to the website I created another feed which included all products, new products with correct stock levels and prices and the products in the initial feed with the updated stock and or prices. I am now getting a warning that I have products uploaded in multiple feeds which I would like to address. I have read that it is not recommended to delete feeds. The initial feed will expire on the 26th July - will this solve my problem. Thanks for any reply Pat

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

HI @Patricia L,

You are very welcome... and my apologies for adding to your frustration with your need of help.

I was not sending you to Adwords for help, but to the section within the Adwords forum here on the Advertiser Community that is specific to Google Shopping / Merchant Center. The experts there are not here as this section covers Google Small Business stuff. While there might be someone here that might be able to help, over there, in the Merchant Center... it is full of answered threads by experts. Those answered threads will greatly expand your understanding of the product you are using. This in turn will help you in many ways and provide the right source for future help regarding Merchant Center. And those helpers focus on Merchant Center. 

With that said, let me offer what I can by way of help. And this Google Help File might be resourceful to you, too.

A product should be listed in one feed only. You should not have the same product listed in more than one feed. Generally, only one data feed should be registered.

In your case, I would suggest to correct everything quickly by deleting the expiring feed and allowing the new one to take over. After this, I would not delete this new feed. 

I hope this provides the help you need. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Have a great weekend!

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James

Thank you for your time. I will delete the expiring feed. I now see where I went wrong, but was worried about the duplicate feed warnings. Thanks again. Pat

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Patricia L,

You are very welcome.

Those warnings can certainly get our attention and cause a little stress at times. 

Have a great week!

Kind Regards,

James