AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Small Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Your business is up and running, you're looking for information and guidance to help you become more savvy and efficient. This is the place for you.
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews - Fake & Bad - How to remove?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I flagged a few reviews on my google business page. I had an ex-employee and his friends say allot of terrible things about my business. There reviews have nothing to do with the actual work we do. However they have chosen to comment on are appearances etc. They even mentioned one of our clients in a post and I would like them removed before it gets back to my client and causes us to loose work. What can I do?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reviews - Fake & Bad - How to remove?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Loana,

Unfortunately, most third-party review services do not allow any reviews to be removed, good or bad, as reviews are something meant to be honest and transparent. Google reviews are quite difficult but they do give you the option to flag a review and allow Google to look into it. They certainly do not want fake or slanderous reviews that are only meant to deface a business in a dishonest way. You can learn more about flagging a review with this Google Help File

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Reviews - Fake & Bad - How to remove?

Google Small Business Advisor
# 3
Google Small Business Advisor

@Loana P - you did the right thing in flagging them. The Google review process takes a few days, so hang in their until they're reviewed, and hopefully removed.