Small Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Your business is up and running, you're looking for information and guidance to help you become more savvy and efficient. This is the place for you.
Guide Me
star_border

Product related low volume search keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all. I hope i can find an answer to my question. I was running a web shop for compression stockings. I had 7-8 thousands hit a month. I made around 4.000 - 5.000 usd endorsement a month which was fine and my business was growing. I was within first 3 places in organic searches. I putted too much time and energy. But I was happy. Anyway the government has changed his mind and they brought a regulation with medical products. We can not sell or promote any medical device on internet anymore. Compression Stockings are included. (((

So I changed my site and filled with informative things. I'am still helping people with their questions.

My question is i am not looking for trend products or products with high search volume. Is there any way to find products with less search volume lets say around 10.000 monthly search. That will help me to set up another web shop and continue my business. 

Hope I could explain my problem. Thank for all in advance. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think I found a solution. Maybe you guys can help me to develop this idea. I used keyword planner and entered a web site like "ebay" as my landing page. I can see the products with the search volume which can help me further.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hope that you have an active Adwords campaign. I am not sure how accurate the keyword planner data is. You might be better of using one of the other 3rd party paid keyword research tools. What is your web site url?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Harmit,

Thanks a lot for the response. I actually found a solution but not sure if there is a better one. Like I replied to my question before I opened the adwords keyword search tool and putted most visited web sites (like ebay, amazon) in my country as landing page. Afterwards I got the keywords related to some products. I re-searched the keywords (this time didn't fill a landing page ) and got the same results. This helped but I think I need additional tools. Because with this approach I can find only keywords which are related with that web pages I putted as landing page. I am not sure if there is an 3rd party tool which can do this. 

And yes I have an active adwords campaigns. Is there any 3rd part tool you can suggest me? I would like to test it. 

I think my web page url doesn't play a role at this point as I am looking for products (if there is any) which are not very popular. I need some products which has a search volume between 10-20k/month.

In my opinion I can make more chance with selling that kind of products with a specific webshop.

Thanks again for your reply.

Regards, 

Re: Product related low volume search keywords

Google Small Business Advisor
# 5
Google Small Business Advisor

@Soner A try using a site like SEMrush to do your searches. They get pretty granular and it will provide you with some helpful information.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for the input. I will give a try.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

SEMRush (my goto tool)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

SEMrush is a great tool and one of my personal favourites for what it does.

Do take some care though, since the results with sites such as SEMrush are limited to the keywords within their own database and therefore not 100% accurate.

If you are looking specifically for trends, (albeit not at such a granular level) you can also try Google Trends