Small Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Your business is up and running, you're looking for information and guidance to help you become more savvy and efficient. This is the place for you.
Guide Me
star_border

New Member- where do I start Internet marketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi to all the community members here. My name is Michael Rode, I own a franchise called PostNet in San Dimas, CA. Prior to this franchise purchase I was the owner of the Nations largest publishing company of workplace compliance products and inventor of the All-On-One labor law poster that is now posted in all businesses with employees throughout the United States. I retired after selling my Companies 15 years ago. It was out of boredom that I decided to come out of retirement and settle into another business. I am a Direct Mail marketing expert but the new marketing techniques related to internet marketing is new to me, I could use any advice anyone has regarding the best means to marketing this local business on the internet, Thank you all Smiley Happy
Show less

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New Member- where do I start Internet marketing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Robert, I have worked with franchises iand franchisees and so I would like to start the conversation by asking what rules the franchise puts on you as far as creating and maintaining a website . Leaving the website out of the equation for the moment the next thing for you to consider is going to be creating local directory listings on the web to make it easier for people to find you when they're looking for your product or service .

There are directory listing services on the web which range from very expensive to free but not worth the time because they put your information on a lot of junk directories. The other option is to do it yourself and if you take this route I would suggest at least putting listings on google my business,, being places for business, Apple maps and super pages .

LinkedIn is another useful tool when marketing business to business. Other social networks may be somewhat useful as long as you actually use them correctly .

Re: New Member- where do I start Internet marketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Mike this was very helpful

Mike Rode