4.6K members online now
Your business is up and running, you're looking for information and guidance to help you become more savvy and efficient. This is the place for you.
Guide Me
favorite_border
Highlighted

Google Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good afternoon everyone,

i wanted to find out a few things on behalf of a friend. He currently has a web development company and builds and sells eCommerce stores and occasionally he builds one for himself as well.

He currently has 4 online, 2 x sex toy shops, 1 camera shop and 1 x paint shop. He wants to build another camera shop and another paint shop but is weary Google will blast/penalize him for this, even though the images and seo will be completely different. The sex toy shops are totally different as well and is at least ranking. The names and everything including email accounts etc will all be different. so my question is -

1. Will Google penalize him for creating and designing more websites?

2. Will he be fine because his seo, marketing and images will all be different?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dylan C
2w

Re: Google Search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dylan C,

Google does not penalize businesses for the being entrepreneurs, so simply owning more than one company, brand or website is not an issue.

What can be is using the same copy, images, wording, etc.. and I would not use the same IP Address for them all. They each should be unique, with unique company names, phone numbers, etc.. and everything will be fine.

Google is pro business, they just want legitimate and truthful actions, so play it straight and enjoy the journey.

Kind Regards,

James  

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
2w

Google Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As long as the sites are different, there is no reason why Google will penalise your friend. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
2w

Re: Google Search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dylan C,

Google does not penalize businesses for the being entrepreneurs, so simply owning more than one company, brand or website is not an issue.

What can be is using the same copy, images, wording, etc.. and I would not use the same IP Address for them all. They each should be unique, with unique company names, phone numbers, etc.. and everything will be fine.

Google is pro business, they just want legitimate and truthful actions, so play it straight and enjoy the journey.

Kind Regards,

James  

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
2w

Google Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As long as the sites are different, there is no reason why Google will penalise your friend. 

Google Search

Google Small Business Advisor
# 4
Google Small Business Advisor

@Dylan C there's no reason for Google to penalize him. They're totally different sites, with totally different content.

Experts in the Topic
BrandonSchaefer
J Clemens