4.6K members online now
Your business is up and running, you're looking for information and guidance to help you become more savvy and efficient. This is the place for you.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Google Photos -Is There a Way to Include Watermark (Copyright)?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I admit that I absolutely love Google Photos and it is my "go to" for photo organization of photos taken on my phone. However, I can't seem to find a way to add a watermark (or copyright). I know Picasso had this feature, but since Google doesn't support that anymore, I was wondering if somehow Google brought that feature forward to Photos., and I just haven't found it yet.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tracey Banning
September

Re: Google Photos -Is There a Way to Include Watermark (Copyright)?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tracey Banning,

Google Photos does not (yet) include this feature.

If you still have Google Picasa, you can use that or Photoshop or some cameras will batch add one, depending on model. You can also use a Google App from a third-party to do so.  

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

All Replies
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tracey Banning
September

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tracey Banning,

Google Photos does not (yet) include this feature.

If you still have Google Picasa, you can use that or Photoshop or some cameras will batch add one, depending on model. You can also use a Google App from a third-party to do so.  

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@J Clemens As always, thank you for your input.

I will say, what a bummer.  I was hoping that I could add a watermark in Google Photos, to make my life easier, but maybe that feature will come in an update.  Or maybe, Google will roll out a new app that will allow quick edits to photos, and the ability to add a quote or some other words to the photo which will work hand in hand with Google Photos. (Google, if you are listening, hint, hint.)

Anyway, James, I do appreciate your input.

Take care.

Tracey

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Tracey Banning,

Absolutely welcome, we are always happy to assist when we can. Thanks for visiting Google Small Business!

The feature you want is highly-requested, so I am sure it will reappear somewhere down the line. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would love to have this feature, too. In case you hadn't, if you log in to photos.google.com and click on the 3 lines in the top, left corner, there is an option for sending feedback. Maybe if enough of us do this, they will make it a priority.

Google Small Business Advisor
# 6
Google Small Business Advisor

@Tracey Banning - try Adobe Spark for your watermarks. I know it's not exactly what you want to do, but it's one of the best options out there for you. I'm sure you'll love all the other features it provides as well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can always make yourself a watermark as a png file with a transparent background that you can overlay on photos that you do not want people to be able to copy and use. That involves the least work outside the initial file creation.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, did you ever found a solution for adding watermarks on your pics? I am desperate to find a solution. Any feedback is appreciated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been waiting on this for a long time....loved it Picasa. Would be very nice for shared albums.  Any news?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I use google drawings in drive. I import the photo from my albums and then I import the logo from a drive folder. Once im done i download it as a jpeg then upload it to google photos

Experts in the Topic
James_Clemens
BrandonSchaefer