Small Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Your business is up and running, you're looking for information and guidance to help you become more savvy and efficient. This is the place for you.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Custom Search

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello , 

I have set up custom search on my site,  issue is when I search for a keyword in it on my site .. it FIRST shows results from web and then from my site .. I don't want the results from web, I only want the results from my site .

How can I do this ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Custom Search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Guruprashad S,

You need to set the URLs you want your custom search engine to crawl. Please take a look at this information for more details. Basically, you can set the custom search to search google or you can tell it which URLs to search. 

Kind Regards,

James

Google Custom Search

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for Your reply.

I had tried setting the URLs, didn't work ..let me try again.

Google Custom Search

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Guruprashad S,

You are welcome. 

You can add any of the following:

In your situation, you would want to add the entire site or entire domain. 

Kind Regards,

James

Google Custom Search

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have done that .. still let me check again will post screen shots if I am not able to get it.

Re: Google Custom Search

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Please check the attached image, as you can see, Google FIRST shows the results from it's search and then form the site.GSC-S.png

Google Custom Search

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Guruprashad S,

Take a look at the developer's guide for more info. 

If that doesn't get you what you want, you may have to switch from Google Custom Search Engine (free version)... and use the paid version, Google Site Search. 

Kind Regards,

James

Google Custom Search

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks, I checked paid service is the answer :-) .

Google Custom Search

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Guruprashad S,

You are very weclome. 

I am glad this is finally resolved for you, as I see that you tried to obtain help in our Webmaster's forum for this product and no one provided you any help. Thanks for using Google products and visiting Google Small Business community. 

All the Best,

James

Google Custom Search

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Just to add on to this thread - Google have recently announced they will be discontinuing the site search product.

From Google:

"On April 1, 2017, Google will discontinue sales of the Google Site Search. All new purchases and renewals must take place before this date. The product will be completely shut down by April 1, 2018."

I'm not sure what the current plans are for a Site Search replacement - can anyone else fill the gaps?