AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Small Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Your business is up and running, you're looking for information and guidance to help you become more savvy and efficient. This is the place for you.
Guide Me
star_border

Gmail Sent Folder

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Is there any way I can move emails from the gmail "sent" folder into a specific file I've created, without archiving them? I use the labels now, but after labeling the email, the email itself remains within the "sent" folder.  My ideal goal:  move the sent email into the appropriate folder and then end up with nothing in the "sent" folder.

This is driving me crazy.  I don't want to have to plow through all the sent emails to make sure they are labeled and I don't want to archive the emails as then the emails will not reside in the folder I've already created for that specific matter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Tracey

1 Expert replyverified_user

Gmail Sent Folder

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tracey,

At this time there is no way to do this within the Gmail interface. If you use Gmail with a mail client (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.), you can move those messages around at will. 

You might want to ask your Gmail question(s) in the Gmail Help Community and get more replies from power users and experts within the Gmail platform. Since my reply is more general and they specialize in the Gmail platform, you could gain much more insight or get information that is more helpful. 

Thanks for visiting the Google Small Business community.

Cheers,

James