Small Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Your business is up and running, you're looking for information and guidance to help you become more savvy and efficient. This is the place for you.
Guide Me
star_border

Ever use online discount codes?

[ Edited ]
Google Small Business Advisor
# 1
Google Small Business Advisor

I'd love to hear about your experiences using online discount codes.... did you use them, did you get the results you expected, is it something that you'd recommend... and how much of a discount did you offer?

Thanks for your feedback in advance, Brandon.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author BrandonSchaefer
July 2016

Re: Ever use online discount codes?

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

A Client of mine has used coupons a lot in the past. What we found out was people would open another tab and perform a search "brand name+coupons" to find out if they had any that could be used.

Unfortunately coupon sites had signed up for the clients email list and was posting coupons on their sites. This proved disastrous because they had and still have customers calling in that a certain coupon would not work online and come to find out these coupon sites had posted out of date coupons.

So if you use coupons and manage an email list be sure to scrub your list of coupon sites.

The other issue is guest checkout. They have customers using the guest check out and using different email addresses with each and getting coupons for the customers.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author BrandonSchaefer
July 2016

Re: Ever use online discount codes?

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

A Client of mine has used coupons a lot in the past. What we found out was people would open another tab and perform a search "brand name+coupons" to find out if they had any that could be used.

Unfortunately coupon sites had signed up for the clients email list and was posting coupons on their sites. This proved disastrous because they had and still have customers calling in that a certain coupon would not work online and come to find out these coupon sites had posted out of date coupons.

So if you use coupons and manage an email list be sure to scrub your list of coupon sites.

The other issue is guest checkout. They have customers using the guest check out and using different email addresses with each and getting coupons for the customers.