Small Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Your business is up and running, you're looking for information and guidance to help you become more savvy and efficient. This is the place for you.
Guide Me
star_border

Creative Ways To Build Your Team

A G
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
A G
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

My company is currently growing and the co-founders have actually put up a "bounty" for any current employee who brings in someone that is ultimately chosen. Calling it a "bounty" is badass enough but giving an incentive to your current employees is itself a creative method to find new employees. It's actually the first tip suggested in this post by Fit Small Business on creative ways to find employees. The post list innovative tactics used by small and medium business owners after they have been through job boards. It can be a exhausting to go through the process of recruiting and tailoring the best method.  Filtering for what you are seeking is key to streamlining the process though. There will obviously be trial and error and adjustments as your business grows and evolves but having a foundation of what works best will help alleviate some of the tension when the process comes up again in the future. What creative methods would you propose adding to this list? 

Creative Ways to find employees: http://fitsmallbusiness.com/find-employees/

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author A G
July 2016

Re: Creative Ways To Build Your Team

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @A G,

You could make a fun YouTube video with the current team, and some zaniness, with a title and subject of "searching for our long lost team member" with job duties and ideal traits & talents. Mention the bounty and/or play on a wanted/reward premise. 

Of course, a strong LinkedIn company profile (not a personal one) with the benefits of working at the company should do well, and paid promotion of it should connect some prospects to it. 

Have fun and best wishes!

- James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author A G
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @A G,

You could make a fun YouTube video with the current team, and some zaniness, with a title and subject of "searching for our long lost team member" with job duties and ideal traits & talents. Mention the bounty and/or play on a wanted/reward premise. 

Of course, a strong LinkedIn company profile (not a personal one) with the benefits of working at the company should do well, and paid promotion of it should connect some prospects to it. 

Have fun and best wishes!

- James

Google Small Business Advisor
# 3

@A G - nice roundup post with some excellent hiring tips!

A G
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
A G
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
@BrandonSchaefer Thanks! what would you add to the list?

A G
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
A G
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
@James_Clemens Great suggestion! We are currently building up our LinkedIn presence which I believe will be very beneficial in the long run.

# 6

@A G - I always look for talent from the vendors and suppliers we buy from. If you can sell me something, you're probably doing something right.