AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Small Business
3K members online now
3K members online now
Your business is up and running, you're looking for information and guidance to help you become more savvy and efficient. This is the place for you.
Guide Me
star_border

Calendars and Sub-Calendars, Oh My

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Calendars and Sub-Calendars Tips and Thoughts?

Lately I have been involved in a lot of discussions about all kinds of things that "should be" put into a calendar to facilitate more organization, teamwork and understanding of what should be done, by whom, and by when.

Om thinking on the matter, the calendar entries fall into just a few of the following categories:

#1: The main calendar for key client matters like meetings, court (we're a law office), closings, deadlies, etc.

#2: A sub-calendar for our own office administration matters.

#3: A sub-calendar for social media.

#4: A sub-calendar for miscellaneous matters or more like a one-time kind of thing, but is something that is more long term in nature.

I've been thinking very hard about sticking with the Google calendar, and opening up sub-calendars to help manage the many to-do's, but I thought I would ask if anyone has any suggestions. My end goal is: functionality, ease of use and full access to the team.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tracey Banning
August 2016

Re: Calendars and Sub-Calendars, Oh My

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tracey Banning,

Google Calendars are powerful tools to organize and operate a business or group of any type. As a Google Apps for Work Partner, I get to see people put Google Calendars to work in many ways. Your ideas are great and you will find lots of benefits over time when you put Google Calendars to work. 

These resources will really open your mind to the possibilities and provide a rich set of information to grow from. 

Please take a look at these resources and if we can help with anything further, please just let us know. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tracey Banning
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tracey Banning,

Google Calendars are powerful tools to organize and operate a business or group of any type. As a Google Apps for Work Partner, I get to see people put Google Calendars to work in many ways. Your ideas are great and you will find lots of benefits over time when you put Google Calendars to work. 

These resources will really open your mind to the possibilities and provide a rich set of information to grow from. 

Please take a look at these resources and if we can help with anything further, please just let us know. 

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@James_Clemens My aplogies for the slow repky, but I wanted a chance to follow the bouncing ball through the links you provided.

I am familiar with Google  calendar, as I use it daily, and I already thought it was pretty cool. I was wrong, it not just cool, but super cool.

I did not know about team calendars, nor did I know that you can include resources (eqipment, rooms, etc.) in the event. Too, I really like the simplicity of sharing a calendar with the whole team, just by using a single email address (as in the instance of a single email for a whole department).

You definitely got me thinking -in a very positive way.

Thanks again, James. 

~Tracey

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Tracey Banning,

That is outstanding to hear. So glad we were able to expand your love, and use, of Google Calendars. 

Kind Regards,

James