AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Small Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Your business is up and running, you're looking for information and guidance to help you become more savvy and efficient. This is the place for you.
Guide Me
star_border

Business doesnt show up on google maps or google search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Google Pros, 

Our business shows up on google search and maps when searched by the name ' Woodcrest Dental Studio', but, when searched with common keywords like 'dentist in woodcrest' it doesnt show up at all.. neither on google search or google maps. What do we do? I know that most of the other dental practices in our immediate competition are not using google advertising and has worst reviews than us, yet they show up with all the searches. 

Business Info:

Woodcrest Dental Studio

www.woodcrestdentalstudio.com

please help. 

thank you, 

-Management at Woodcrest dental studio. 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business doesnt show up on google maps or google search

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
The review score does not affect ranking on Google search. And paid advertising does not affect your organic results. Dental practice search optimization and search marketing is extremely challenging and requires either extensive research and work or the services of a professional. I recommend using the services of a proven dental practice marketing firm.

When you search your area for dentists, take a look at the top ten results. Ask yourself "why do I deserve to be ranked above these dentists?" If you do, ask yourself how could site visitors AND search engines determine any of these reasons based on your website content and performance, inbound quality links, and relevant industry directory and citation sources.

That's how you rank higher.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Harsh K, to add a touch more onto @Phillip B most excellent answer, I reviewed your website's coding and ran a quick speed test to get a little understanding of where you are starting from. 

1) Use the Google Speed Test and work on fixing the issues so that your score is 89 or higher for both mobile & desktop.

2) Rerun the Google Speed Test but use this tool instead. Make sure you have a mobile score of 100.

3) Run your site through this SEO score checker.

Once you get this tools showing you in high scores, you will be doing really well.

Now then, rework your front page so that the slider is removed and you fill the "above the fold" content with words that are relevant to your services and products offers. Above the fold content on your front page is the most valuable real estate you offer to your visitors, to search engines... and for SEO (search engine optimization) purposes. I would actually put your "our services" section in place of the image slider, along with adding a paragraph or two under it talking more about dentistry.  

Analyze the top placements in your local search, as Phillip suggested, and see how their websites are presented... and compare that with yours. Think like a prospective customer doing a search for a dental service... and present your site with this information. Your goal is the ultimate user experience.

Further, build out social pages on all of the main places and study Google Analytics and Google Search Console data for your website to best determine what is happening with it.

Once you get the website tuned up, your organic (free placements) listings in Google will improve. And while you are improving, you could employ Google Adwords to run some campaigns to target those keywords that your competitors are placing organically, but you are not... yet.

In summary, analyze data, adjust content, review SEO, employ best practices, engage online ads.  

Best Regards,

James

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
Another thing I could add is to make sure that you create or claim your profile on services such as Google my business, Bing places for business, and Apple Maps these free directories show up well on search results but you need to claim them to make sure that your business name address phone number and description of your services are accurate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. I appreciate your suggestions.